James Bond is a video games geek!October 6th, 2008 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 6 (ANI): James Bond star Daniel Craig has been revealed to be a secret video game fanatic, who loves to play the rock fantasy challenge Guitar Hero.
Adam Gascoine of Treyarch, the firm behind the Quantum Of Solace game, has revealed that the actor is an avid video game player.
Daniel Craig is a gamer, the Daily Star quoted Gascoine as saying.
The impression I got is that he spends a lot of time playing games even though his other half is constantly telling him not to.
He was quite reserved about doing our game at first because he didnt want to be involved in a shoddy product.
We had to show it to him three times before he would sign up. When we went to Pinewood Studios we were held up for half an hour because he was playing Guitar Hero.
They were about half way through making Quantum Of Solace and he got to play some levels of the game that related to scenes he was actually filming at the time.
The fact that he was evaluating our game made it very high stakes for us.
It was quite tense but the end result made it a much better game, he added.
The characters in the Quantum Of Solace game are modelled on actors in the new flick, and Craigs first outing as 007 in Casino Royale.
Craig is very serious about his roles, said Gascoine.
You cant just go in there joking and laughing. You have to establish you are there to do business.
If he says he doesnt like it, you have to listen. Hes also built like a brick shithouse so you dont argue with him, he added.
The Quantum Of Solace film and game will be released on October 31, and it is available on most platforms. (ANI)
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Fighting a war in the jungles of Vietnam, virtually - Mar 07, 2011
- Craig beefs up for 'Skyfall' sex scene - Apr 16, 2012
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- Brosnan couldn't digest Craig as Bond - Jan 28, 2010
- Daniel Craig Looks Sizzling In 'Cowboys And Aliens' - Jul 25, 2010
- Fame shook Daniel Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Myth: Video games sharpen brain - Sep 16, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Albert Finney onboard for the new James Bond movie - Nov 01, 2011
- Daniel Craig''s lost finger to remain forever in Bond studio - Nov 14, 2008
Tags: better game, casino royale, daily star, daniel craig, end result, fantasy challenge, flick, gamer, guitar hero, half an hour, high stakes, james bond star, levels of the game, october 31, playing games, playing guitar, quantum, rock fantasy, solace, video game player