Jaipur fire: FIR lodged against IOC officials for negligenceNovember 3rd, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Nov 3(ANI): A private company has lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against the officials of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) depot in Jaipur for their alleged negligence in the outbreak of the devastating fire, which broke out on October 29 and is still not completely extinguished.
Genus Overseas Private Limited, which is about 200 metres away from the IOC complex in Sitapura industrial area, lodged the complaint against the IOC officials on Monday for the destruction and human damage caused by the fire.
“The company that was affected the most with the fire explosion is Genus. So, complaint was filed on behalf of Genus following the death of their three employees and other damage caused. On the basis of the complaints by Genus, we have lodged the case,” said Biju Joseph, Superintendent Of Police of East Jaipur.
The major fire, which broke out on October 29 has claimed 11 lives, and damaged many adjacent factories, including a factory manufacturing electronic meters.
So far, nearly five lakh residents in the radius of five-kilometer area around the fire spot have moved to safer locations after it was declared “danger zone”.
Among those who were evacuated were all the patients, doctors and staff of a government hospital and engineering and medical students of 10 hostels. Two villages near the depot were also evacuated and power was cut off across the region as a precaution.The IOC depot has a capacity of about nine million litres of fuel. (ANI)
- Jaipur fire: Indian Oil faces negligence charge - Nov 03, 2009
- Rajasthan asked to detail steps to control oil fire - Nov 03, 2009
- Two more bodies spotted at IOC site, fire still rages - Nov 01, 2009
- Nine persons arrested for 2009 Jaipur oil depot fire - Jul 03, 2010
- Three out of 11 oil tanks still ablaze at IOC depot in Jaipur - Nov 01, 2009
- Nine Indian Oil Corp officials arrested in Jaipur blaze case - Jul 02, 2010
- Jaipur fire: Blaze slowly abating, area around site to open for nearby factory owners - Nov 02, 2009
- Jaipur IOC depot fire may abate by Wednesday evening - Nov 04, 2009
- Indian Oil depot fire continues, toll 11 - Nov 02, 2009
- Residents, police move against IOC, fires rage on (Night Lead) - Nov 04, 2009
- Indian Oil depot fire still on, death toll 10 - Nov 01, 2009
- 11 dead as oil depot still burns, probe begins (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- Jaipur Indian Oil depot blaze continues to rage - Oct 31, 2009
- Navi Mumbai Indian Oil depot fire under control - Jan 18, 2011
- Jaipur oil depot fire rages on, toll 10 (Lead) - Nov 01, 2009
Tags: biju, danger zone, electronic meters, factories, fir, fire explosion, genus, government hospital, indian oil, indian oil corporation, information report, ioc officials, lakh, medical students, negligence, outbreak, precaution, private company, private limited, superintendent