Jaipur body files case against IPL chief ModiFebruary 15th, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 15 (ANI): A complaint of fund misappropriation was filed with Jaipur Police against Lalit Modi, the chief of the Indian Premier League (IPL), on Sunday.
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje was also charged along with Modi. The Jaipur-based social organisation Nadrik Morcha, filed the case in which it alleged that Modi had assured them of giving some of the proceeds from the IPL match played on May 17, 2008.
Modi gave the cheque of Rs. 60 million to Raje, but the amount was not given to the social organisations nor distributed among victims of the Jaipur bomb blasts.
The serial blasts in Jaipur on May 13, 2008, caused by bombs which were implanted in bicycles killed around 60 people and injured more than 150 persons. (ANI)
- Rajasthan NGO accuses Lalit Modi of cheating, forgery - Feb 15, 2009
- Jaipur FIR against me is flimsy and vindictive: Lalit Modi (Lead) - Feb 15, 2009
- IPL chief Modi gets anticipatory bail - Feb 24, 2009
- Rajasthan HC issues notice to Lalit Modi in cheating case - Apr 24, 2009
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- 'Modi was the single-window to Rajasthan during Vasundhara regime' - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL chief Modi loses RCA elections (Lead) - Mar 01, 2009
- Rajasthan BJP crisis: Raje supporters want her as state chief - May 07, 2012
- Raje supporters want her as state chief, BJP says rift over (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Chennai Police summons Modi in funds misappropriation case - Dec 28, 2010
- 40 Rajasthan BJP legislators offer to resign - May 06, 2012
- New twist in Kochi IPL saga as Narendra Modi, Pawar figure in it - Apr 15, 2010
- Now Modi's ties with Rajasthan, Kings XI questioned - Apr 14, 2010
- Rift in Rajasthan BJP, 40 legislators offer to resign (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012