J&K; to get planning board this year: OmarJuly 22nd, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 22 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday announced that state planning board is being constituted this year to “achieve the development goals in consonance with aspirations of the people”.
An official spokesman said that while chairing the meeting of Jammu district development board in Jammu, the chief minister said: “Comprehensive planning is an important aspect in the equitable and holistic development of the state which has prompted us to constitute state planning board this year.”
According to the spokesman the chief minister said that reaching out to all areas in development process and mitigating the difficulties of people is focused concern of the his government.
A well defined state planning board would address all issues pertaining to the development demands across the state.
Abdullah stressed in the meeting that “the management of planning and allocation of suitable funds to all areas across the state in accordance with the public demand is an uphill task in a state like Jammu and Kashmir where the indigenous income is meagre while losses are many.”
- India-Pakistan ties have direct bearing on Kashmir: Omar - Apr 25, 2012
- Tourism can boost Kashmir's economic development: Omar - Dec 31, 2011
- Omar for financially self-reliant Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 24, 2012
- Finland offers Kashmir help in harnessing renewable energy - Jun 12, 2011
- Omar chairs high-level meeting to review power status - Jan 04, 2012
- Australian envoy meets Omar Abdullah - Apr 14, 2011
- Omar reserves comment on interlocutor's report - May 24, 2012
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- Gujjars for national model to rehabilitate Kashmir tribes - Jan 16, 2011
- Azad backs Omar on AFSPA's partial removal - Nov 10, 2011
- Power will shift from secretariat to panchayats: Omar - Jul 01, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Omar meets Sonia ahead of BJP's Srinagar flag hoisting - Jan 19, 2011
- Kashmir government to urge Gojri's recognition as official language - Jun 05, 2012
- Windstorm declared a natural calamity: Omar - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: aspirations, comprehensive planning, consonance, development demands, development goals, holistic development, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, losses, spokesman said that, state planning board, uphill task