J. K. Rowling tells kids she is scared of spidersDecember 5th, 2008 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 5 (ANI): Even though she has created a huge number of monsters in the Harry Potter books, Brit author J. K. Rowling is scared of spiders.
While talking to schoolchildren during a tea party for the publication of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Rowling revealed that she had been afraid of spiders since her childhood.
Rowling said that she had added the fear in one of the Harry Potter characters, Ron Weasley, but only later discovered that Rupert Grint, who plays the character, was also afraid of spiders.
I feel sorry for him, because I kept putting Ron in these situations where he had to encounter them, the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
She was responding to questions from 200 excited schoolchildren who were invited to join her for a reading at the National Library of Scotland in Edinburgh.
Rowling read from one of seven original hand-written copies of the book of fairytales, which was first mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (ANI)
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- Grint feared his character's death in last Potter book - Sep 05, 2010
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- Emma Watson slams 'Twilight' series for 'selling sex' - Sep 04, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Rupert Grint doesn't chase girls - Nov 30, 2011
- Emma Watson was nervous while kissing Rupert Grint in 'Harry Potter' film - Jul 11, 2009
- Preview Of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I: Creepy And Nerve-Racking - Nov 13, 2010
- Emma Watson: In Love, But Never Experienced Broken Heart - Nov 15, 2010
- Rupert Grint struggled with small film sets after Harry Potter - Oct 06, 2010
- Rupert Grint missing the sets of 'Harry Potter' - Jul 14, 2011
- Grint and I never see each other: Radcliffe - Jan 22, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe says that he is done with the Harry Potter franchise - Jun 20, 2011
- Saying goodbye to Potter makes 20-year-old Emma Watson feel 'retired' - Nov 12, 2010
- Harry Potter franchise to be honoured at this year's BAFTA awards - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: afraid of spiders, bard, edinburgh, fairytales, fear, harry potter, harry potter books, harry potter characters, j k rowling, london, monsters, national library of scotland, ron weasley, rupert grint, schoolchildren, tea party