J-K Highway re-opened for one-way trafficJanuary 8th, 2009 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Jan 8 (ANI): The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, which was closed due to incessant snowfall, was re-opened today for one-way traffic.
According to transport authorities, the highway was closed due to incessant snowfall at Jawahar tunnel.
The strategic 300-kilometre-long National Highway is the Kashmir valley, only connection with rest of the country.
A large number of vehicles, truck and lorries carrying essential supplies and fruit in and out of the valley were allowed to move to their respective destinations.
The movement of traffic in Srinagar, from Jammu to Srinagar, and other parts of the Kashmir valley has been allowed.
The downward traffic from Srinagar to Jammu would be allowed from Friday.
Weather department has forecast more rain and snow during the next two days. (ANI)
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Jammu-Srinagar highway opened again to traffic (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway re-opens for one-way traffic (With Images) - Jan 19, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway re-opens for one-way traffic - Jan 19, 2012
- Traffic restored on Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 14, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to fresh snowfall - Mar 03, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed for second day - Feb 05, 2012
- Heavy rains, snow force shutdown of JK highway for third day - Mar 03, 2011
- Jammu-Srinagar highway remains shut due to snowfall - Jan 16, 2011
- A day of rain, snow in northern India - Jan 06, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to landslides - Feb 24, 2011
- Jammu- Srinagar National Highway reopens - Feb 28, 2011
- Heavy snowfall in Kashmir, avalanche warning issued (With Images) - Jan 15, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway opened for one-way traffic - Jan 01, 2011
- Jammu-Srinagar highway cleared of stranded passengers - Jan 09, 2012