J-K EC to procure 80 lakh security holograms for photo I-cardsOctober 25th, 2008 - 8:58 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 25 (ANI): Keeping the forthcoming assembly polls in view, Jammu and Kashmirs State Election Commission will procure 80 lakh tamper-proof security holograms for Electoral Photo Identity Cards.
The holograms are aimed to ensure that there is no misuse of Cards during the polls.
The States electoral officials said, “We have started the process for getting 80 lakh tamper-proof and sticker style security holograms for the I-card so that nobody misuses them during polling.”
They said that tenders have been floated and the process is in final phase of procuring the holograms.
The holograms would be round in shape of 20 mm diameter, silver metallised in colour with polyester film of 24 microns, officials said.
It would depict the Ashoka Emblem at centre besides Satyamaive Jayate and Election Commission of India (ECI) over their round shape.
Further, the holograms will be laser numbered with a unique serial number code written inside them and can be detected through electronic scanner only.
The seven-phase assembly polls starting on November 17 in Jammu and Kashmir is expected to draw over 65 lakh voters at 8,000 polling stations in the state. (ANI)
- Poll panel keeping eye on large cash withdrawals - Jan 16, 2012
- Voting machines will soon give paper receipt: Official - Jan 20, 2012
- SC issues notices to transport secretaries over high-security number plates - Apr 07, 2011
- Election commissioners to visit Lucknow Friday - Jan 05, 2012
- Election Commission to give tips to Jordan - Mar 17, 2012
- Green signal for high-security number plates in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Jaiswal's statement on President's Rule sparks row - Feb 23, 2012
- Kejriwal's name missing from voters list - Feb 28, 2012
- Swamy's plea on voting machines disposed of - Jan 17, 2012
- Finger printing, spot photos of all voters soon: CEC - Feb 01, 2012
- Funds approved for phase two of unique identification number project - Jul 22, 2010
- Postpone polls, urge Tamil Nadu parties - Mar 02, 2011
- Sluggish voting in 11th phase of Kashmir panchayat polls - May 25, 2011
- Himachal disrespects national emblem, says complaint - Sep 18, 2011
- After court order on Kolkata cabs, 'alternative' arrangements planned - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: assembly polls, diameter, ec, election commission of india, election commission of india eci, electronic scanner, final phase, forthcoming assembly, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lakh, metallised, microns, photo identity cards, polling stations, polyester film, security holograms, serial number, state election commission, tenders