J&K; government creates 1,083 posts, approves Jammu golf courseAugust 30th, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 30 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Thursday approved the creation of 1,083 posts of village-level workers (VLWs) in the rural development department.
It also took a decision to lay an 18-hole golf course in the state’s winter capital, Jammu.
An official statement issued here Thursday said the state cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had approved these decisions.
VLWs are the basic state government officials at the grassroots level. They form the link between rural masses and various developmental departments of the state government.
Another decision announced Thursday was the setting up of 71 mobile veterinary centres across the state to cater to cattle and sheep.
“The cabinet also accorded sanction to the construction of an 18-hole golf course at Sidhra, Jammu, at a cost of Rs.37.39 crore,” the official statement said.
- Kashmir to get golf management body - Feb 02, 2012
- Jammu gets its first golf course - Apr 24, 2011
- Kashmir cabinet panel to meet Saturday over panchayat polls - Jan 28, 2011
- A sheep farm vs Kashmir's dwindling Hanguls (With Images) - Feb 28, 2012
- Kashmir's welfare scheme for nomadic Gujjars - Jul 23, 2012
- More than a third of Karnataka declared drought-hit - Oct 04, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir to hold panchayat polls in early 2011 - Nov 23, 2010
- Elevator crashes at mine in eastern China, killing 13 - Mar 17, 2012
- Chandigarh golf club loses water supply - Mar 18, 2011
- Rs.1,200 crore scholarship plan for Kashmir approved - Aug 04, 2011
- 21,000 diseased sheep to be culled in Pakistan - Sep 17, 2012
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- Off the road: Kashmir's nomads settling down (Feature) - Nov 04, 2011
- Deadly virus killing livestock in Britain - Feb 26, 2012
- China shuts over 1,000 illegal coal mines - Aug 26, 2011
Tags: cattle, chairmanship, chief minister, decisions, grassroots level, hole golf course, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, rural development department, sanction, sheep, state cabinet, state government officials, veterinary centres, winter capital