IWC launches top gun edition in IndiaDecember 24th, 2007 - 1:17 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Dec 24 (ANI/Business Wire India): The Swiss watch manufacturer, IWC Schaffhausen, announced the India-wide launch of an exclusive new double chronograph that pays tribute to the performance of top pilots in the world.
The new Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph is a limited production timepiece and will be available in small quantities worldwide.
IWC’s Top Gun is a special edition time piece that honours the skills and performance of elite aviators and distinguishes itself with unique red accented hands and the motif of the academy emblazoned across its back.
Each Top Gun chronograph watch is painstakingly milled from a single blank of zirconium oxide; a superb material which is several times harder, more scratch-resistant and more expensive than stainless steel.
IWC were the first manufacturer in the world to produce a watch with such a high-tech ceramic case; a feature which affords maximum breaking strength and perfect all-round protection.
The Top Gun model also displays a number of discreet highlights that accentuate its position as the natural choice for the aviation aficionado and watch lover alike.
The case, dial and soft strap are matt black and the crown and buttons are fashioned from titanium.
The numerals and indices are luminescent white to ensure effective reading at a glance and the vertical three-day presentation - reminiscent of an aircraft’s altimeter - gives the dial its unmistakable design.
The Top Gun is a powerhouse with an impressive case diameter of 44 mm. The watch is powered by a 79230 calibre automatic movement, with IWC’s tried-and-tested split-seconds mechanism.
A button at 10 o’clock enables the wearer to record intermediate times within a given minute and the two red counterweights on the chronograph hands form the silhouette of a fighter aircraft as they come together - another exclusive design feature that sets this special timepiece apart.
The IWC Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition Top Gun is available from a selection of IWC’s exclusive boutiques across the Middle East. Leading impulses for the mechanical watch are manufactured by IWC. With its 390 employees, the company manufactures these sought-after timepieces.
Since the year 2000, IWC has belonged to the watch division of Richemont SA.
The watch is available at select stores in Mumbai and Delhi and is priced at International Normalised Ratio (INR) 513,000/-. (ANI)
- Burberry introduces new range of watches in India - Aug 18, 2010
- Emporio Armani Brings S/S 2010 Watch Collection - Jul 19, 2010
- Swiss Legend Men S Commander Collection Watches For A Cyber Monday Deal - Nov 29, 2010
- Rare glimpse into Swiss watch-making precision - Feb 19, 2010
- Zirconium complex goes on stream in Tuticorin - Nov 27, 2009
- Harrod's Counts Down to Christmas with Million Dollar Advent Calendar - Nov 10, 2010
- New Zealand keen to partner India in aviation development - Mar 20, 2012
- Fake 'dislike' button spreads across Facebook - Aug 17, 2010
- Longines introduces its Admiral collection for frequent travelers - Nov 20, 2008
- Tarun Tahiliani launches his watch collection - Dec 06, 2010
- Answer questions and fly an advanced fighter jet - Jan 13, 2011
- Kesha turns watch designer - Sep 18, 2011
- Wanted someone to take care of Queen's time - Sep 06, 2012
- Auction market for watches, jewels looking up - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Top Gun 2' on the cards - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: altimeter, aviators, breaking strength, case diameter, counterweights, design feature, effective reading, fighter aircraft, intermediate times, iwc pilot, launch, natural choice, o clock, small quantities, split seconds, superb material, swiss watch, time piece, timepiece, watch manufacturer