Its official: high heels do make you look sexyOctober 9th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 9 (ANI): Wearing stiletto heels can make you look sexier, says a science journalist.
In her fascinating new book, Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes? American science journalist Jena Pincott has said that wearing heels can make a woman statuesque, and hence more attractive to the opposite sex.
Heels make a lady feet look smaller and her gait becomes much more refined, making her calves and shins tensed and elongated. They also keep a womans posture bolt upright.
Walking in heels makes the movement of a womans lower limbs more sensual. In fact, high-heeled shoes adjust womens body proportions to come closer to perceived ideals, as well.
Researchers at the University of Wroclaw in Poland asked more than 200 men and women to rate the attractiveness of diagrams of seven men and seven women with varying leg lengths.
Both the sexes said that a leg length that is 5 per cent longer than the norm for a persons height is ideal.
Thus, if the average leg length of a 5ft 5in woman is 30in, as measured from the sole of the foot to the crease where the thigh meets the pelvis, a woman this height could make her legs look 5 per cent longer by wearing 1.5in heels.
In the study, legs that were 10 per cent longer than average were also considered sexy, but legs 15per cent longer were not.
Generally, if someones between 5ft 4in and 5ft 8in, heels up to 3-3.5in will flatter their proportions - anything higher starts to look odd.
Also, focusing on proportions, a study at University College in London found the ideal female figure had legs exactly 1.4 times the length of the upper body, which is the legtotorso ratio of Nicole Kidman, Naomi Campbell and most other supermodels. (ANI)
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Stilettoes 'make your legs more toned' - Feb 02, 2011
- Men don't really notice women in high heels - Sep 22, 2010
- Pregnant women should avoid wearing high heels, say experts - Jun 15, 2010
- Pregnant Lily Allen gives up stilettoes - Sep 27, 2010
- Who says short girls can't flaunt gowns? (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- High heels may lead to joint degeneration, knee osteoarthritis - Aug 03, 2010
- Average Brit man spends 11 yrs in front of TV, 10,500 hrs in pub - Feb 27, 2011
- Men don't even notice women in high heels - Sep 22, 2010
- Sarkozy uses footstool to tower over Brown, Obama! - Jun 10, 2009
- Most women 'don't wish to dress their age until they are 70' - Jan 07, 2011
- Meet 7ft Eve - the world's tallest model! - May 26, 2010
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Average Brit man spends a month of his life searching for socks! - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: 5ft 5in, american science, attractiveness, body proportions, college in london, crease, gait, high heeled shoes, leg length, leg lengths, naomi campbell, nicole kidman, pelvis, science journalist, seven men, seven women, shins, statuesque, stiletto heels, university of wroclaw