ISRO, Russian Space Agency join hands for Indian Man MissionDecember 13th, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
By K G Vasuki
Bangalore, Dec 13 (ANI): The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Russian Space Agency have joined hands to share critical equipments for the Indian Man Mission to the Moon.
India and Russia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote joint activities in the field of human space flight programme during the visit of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev last week.
“Under the MoU, both countries will jointly build spacecraft for the Indian manned mission,” said S Satish, spokesperson of ISRO. As per the MoU, an Indian astronaut will embark on a mission to space in a Russian spacecraft within the next five years, ahead of ISRO’’s maiden human space flight scheduled for 2014 or 2015.
“We have well laid our plans and of course manned mission are in our plan and programme. May be manned mission for the government approval, comes immediately, around 2014 or 2015, will be the targeted launch date,” added Satish.
Recently, ISRO achieved benchmark success when the Chandrayaan-1 (India’’s moon mission) was successfully launched on October 22, by PSLV-C11.
This success allowed India to join the elite lunar club of which Russia, the USA, Japan, China and European Space Agency are already members.
India is also planning to launch the satellite ”Aditya” to study the sun by 2012 and it also hopes to send an astronaut into space by 2012. (ANI)
- India's second moon mission Chandrayaan-2 to wait - Apr 26, 2012
- Russia to send man to moon by 2030 - Apr 28, 2012
- India successfully puts three satellites into orbit - Apr 20, 2011
- ISRO plans more satellite launches this year - Apr 20, 2011
- India mulling second rocket port: Space agency chief - Oct 12, 2011
- Russia starts building moon spaceship - Jul 20, 2012
- China to put man on the moon by 2030 - Mar 04, 2011
- Risat-1 catapults India into a select group of nations (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Russia launches manned spacecraft to ISS - Nov 14, 2011
- India to send two astronauts into space in 2016 - Jan 27, 2010
- India to launch three satellites next month - Aug 03, 2012
- Russian cargo spacecraft docks with ISS - Nov 02, 2011
- India to launch advanced remote sensing satellite April 20 - Apr 09, 2011
- Global scientists descend on Mysore for space summit - Jul 14, 2012
- India's new satellite beams high quality images - May 09, 2011
Tags: chandrayaan, dmitry medvedev, european space agency, government approval, human space flight, indian man, indian space research, indian space research organisation, japan china, lunar club, manned mission, memorandum of understanding, mission to the moon, moon mission, next five years, pslv, russian space agency, russian spacecraft, satish, vasuki