ISRO chief offers prayers at Tirupathi after successful five satellite launchJuly 13th, 2010 - 8:09 pm ICT by ANI
Tirupathi (Andhra Pradesh), July 13 (ANI): Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) chief K. Radhakrishnan worshipped at the Lord Venkateswara Temple at Tirumala here on Monday night, hours after successfully overseeing the launch of five satellites into space.
“Within a couple of days, we should would be able to get the pictures from our Cartosat 2-B. In fact, there are various operations that are going on. They are controlled from our ISTRAC (Indian Space Research Organisation Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network) Bengaluru. We will also try for the imaging, tomorrow we would do that and we would also receive the pictures in our Shard Nagar earth station, from Andhra Pradesh,” said Radhakrishnan.
Radhakrishnan said the Chandrayaan-2 mission would be launched by 2013, using a GSLV with a cryogenic engine.
He added that ISRO is about to start working on new satellite GSLV F036 (Global Satelite Launch Vehicle F036) and would launch it soon.
“There is another vehicle called GSLV F036, which we start building on July 14, that is just two days from now. So we would be able to launch it by end of September or the first week of October,” Radhakrishnan said. (ANI)
- ISRO chairman prays for successful launch of PSLV-C15 - Jul 11, 2010
- India's second moon mission Chandrayaan-2 to wait - Apr 26, 2012
- India's next moon mission depends on Russia: ISRO chief - Sep 09, 2012
- Indian rocket mission fails, second this year (Second Intro Night Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- India's next moon mission banks on Russia, no Mars race with China: ISRO chief (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Risat-1 catapults India into a select group of nations (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Indian rocket explodes seconds after launch (Intro Night Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Indian rocket explodes minute after launch (Night Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Mixed bag for Indian space agency in 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
- India mulling second rocket port: Space agency chief - Oct 12, 2011
- ISRO plans more satellite launches this year - Apr 20, 2011
- India hopes to launch 'Chandrayaan-2' by 2013 - Jun 30, 2010
- India to launch three satellites next month - Aug 03, 2012
- Rocket launch failure will not delay moon mission: ISRO chief - Apr 15, 2010
- India launches five satellites at one go (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, cartosat 2, chandrayaan, cryogenic engine, earth station, global satelite, gslv, indian space research, indian space research organisation, indian space research organization, isro, launch vehicle, lord venkateswara, radhakrishnan, space research organization, telemetry, tirumala, tirupathi, venkateswara temple, worshipped