Irate mob attacks police station in New DelhiJune 23rd, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 23(ANI): An infuriated mob attacked a police station in New Delhi on Tuesday following reports of a woman being assaulted by the some police personnel.
The woman, a slum dweller, alleged that she was raped by the Station House Officer and four others in a police station in southwest Delhi and was threatened with dire consequences if she revealed the incident.
Meanwhile, police said they have transferred the investigations to the crime branch and are awaiting the medical report of the victim.
“We are investigating in the matter. But in the meantime the allegations against the SHO (Station House Office) and the local staff of police station Inderpuri the inquiry has been transferred to the crime branch for an impartial inquiry,” said Kannan Jagadeeshan, deputy commissioner of police, southwest Delhi.
“The SHO has been transferred to the district, till the completion of the inquiry by the crime branch. According to the facts that come out of the inquiry, the investigation will take place further,” he added. (ANI)
- Mob fury after Delhi woman alleges rape by policemen (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Woman fails to identify policemen she accused of rape - Jun 25, 2009
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- Delhi woman now tells court policemen did not rape her - Jun 26, 2009
- Delhi Police register rape case against its men, no arrest yet (Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- Delhi woman accuses policemen of rape, sparks mob fury (Second Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Woman alleges rape by policemen, sparks mob anger (Third Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- Mob turns violent after woman alleges gang rape by cops in Delhi - Jun 23, 2009
- Siblings sexual abuse: Local police officials suspended - Oct 05, 2010
- Court shifts child's abduction probe to crime branch - May 13, 2010
- Crime branch to probe attack on senior lawyer - Jan 28, 2010
- Delhi cop suspended after vigilance report - Jan 18, 2011
- Delhi Police register case accusing its men of gangrape - Jun 24, 2009
- Police station chief beats up constable, both face action - Aug 13, 2012
- Two BPO managers sacked on sexual harassment charge - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: allegations, commissioner of police, consequences, crime branch, deputy commissioner, house officer, impartial inquiry, investigations, irate mob, june 23, medical report, mob attacks, New Delhi, police station, slum, southwest, station house