Iranian Interior Minister meets Pranab MukherjeeNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:16 am ICT by admin
Fifty-two countries from the Asia and Pacific Region are participating in the two-day conference.
Thirty-three country delegations are led by their respective Ministers. The total country delegates are 150. In addition, over 100 experts and 50 NGOs are also participating in the event.
The outcome of the conference will include a “Delhi Declaration” on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in 2005 at Hyogo, Kobe, Japan in which Hyogo Framework of Action 2005-15 was adopted for building the resilience of nations and communities to natural disasters.
The first Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in September 2005 in Beijing in which Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Asia was adopted.
Meanwhile, Mukherjee also separately met Israeli Interior Minister Meir Sheetrit. (ANI)
- NDMA chief to attend global disaster meet - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi to host Second Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Nov 14, 2007
- PM to open Second Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Nov 14, 2007
- Terrorism can trigger disasters across borders: PM - Nov 14, 2007
- Ramachandran to lead Indian team to disaster management meet - Oct 22, 2010
- Ramachandran presides over conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Incheon - Oct 27, 2010
- India pitches for private sector role in South Asian integration - Mar 10, 2012
- Krishna heads to Cambodia for three regional meets - Jul 08, 2012
- India steps up ASEAN diplomacy, Singapore PM on way - Jul 09, 2012
- Strengthen disaster warning mechanism: Home secretary - May 28, 2012
- Samy Vellu to begin special envoy duties with India visit this week - Jan 03, 2011
- Call for liberalising trade and travel in South Asia (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- UN meet delegates says funds for HIV/AIDS control inadequate - Jun 11, 2011
- Menon to open seminar on South Asia next week - Mar 02, 2012
- India, Japan to hold economic dialogue, discuss n-deal (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
Tags: asia, country delegations, delhi declaration, disaster risk, hyogo, interior minister, kobe japan, meir, ministerial conference, natural disasters, pranab mukherjee, resilience, risk reduction, two day conference, world conference