Iranian delegation visits Kashmir to promote educational and cultural tiesJune 7th, 2010 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
Kargil (Jammu and Kashmir), June 7 (ANI): A seven-member Iranian delegation is currently on a visit to Jammu and Kashmir’s Kargil District to strengthen the age-old cultural ties between the two countries and promote educational activities in the region.
The delegation, which is led by spiritual leader Hujjat Ul Mohsin Qommi Aghae includes Kareem Najaffe, Cultural Councilor of Iran.
“We are very much interested in cultural ties especially the Iranian culture and our desire is to provide an impetus to educational activities. Wherever such endeavour is made, we want to applaud that effort,” said Aghae.
“We have heard that in Kargil efforts are being made for the betterment of the future generation. We want to see that and we want to congratulate them,” he added.
Kargil and Iran share a centuries-old, close cultural and civilization relation. The two regions have in the past influenced each other in the fields of culture, art, architecture and language.
“We are happy to collaborate with the Government of India for cultural activities. As you know this Shaheed Mutahhari is the centre of educational activities and we are happy that we can improve education in India,” said Kareem Najaffe, Cultural Councilor of Iran. (ANI)
- India, Iran to expand ties in renewable energy - Mar 05, 2012
- Lok Sabha speaker to to visit Iran - Oct 30, 2011
- Mongolian team meets Omar Abdullah, seeks tourism collaboration - May 12, 2010
- India forgetting 1999 Kargil victory against Pakistan: Gen. V.P Malik (Interview) - Jul 29, 2012
- Omar wants to develop Kargil as a tourist destination - Jun 09, 2012
- Kargil to be a major air base by 2016 - Oct 03, 2011
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Chidambaram reviews security in Kashmir - May 23, 2012
- Amid sanctions, Indian business delegation heads to Iran - Mar 09, 2012
- Iran's talk with IAEA constructive: Iranian envoy - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran optimistic about IAEA visit - Jan 30, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- India assures Iran of early payments, keen to sign DTAA, BIPA - Feb 25, 2011
- Iran threatens legal action over oil embargo - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: art architecture, betterment, civilization, councilor, culture art, desire, education in india, educational activities, endeavour, future generation, government of india, impetus, iran, iranian culture, iranian delegation, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, spiritual leader, ties