Iran has survived for 31 years without Western economic ties: AhmadinejadAugust 9th, 2010 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 9 (ANI): President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has revealed that Iran has survived for 31 years without any economic ties to the West because of its successful anti- sanction plans.
Hitting back against recent sanctions imposed on Tehran by Washington last week, Ahmadinejad described it is a good opportunity for his country.
“Iran has come under increasing pressure from a fourth round of UN sanctions for its refusal to suspend uranium enrichment and resume negotiations on its nuclear program and even tougher measures imposed by the United States, the European Union, and Canada targeting the country’s foreign trade, banking, and energy sectors,” Xinhua quoted him’ as saying.”We will use the opportunity of sanctions to expand our domestic products, and globalize Iranian products. And, now that America has opened its way and removed the obstacles to hit us, we will hit them back from the same path, in such a way that they will be discarded,” he added.
He further said his government has announced other decisions to counter the sanctions. (ANI)
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Iranian President Ahmadinejad says sanctions are ineffective - Jul 29, 2010
- President Ahmadinejad says Iran has become a nuclear state - Dec 29, 2010
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Pressure grows on Iran to come clean over nuclear plans - Sep 23, 2010
- Iran to install fuel rods in n-reactor Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran willing to talk about nuclear programme: EU - Oct 30, 2010
- Iran says it has produced 20kg of enriched uranium - Jul 12, 2010
- Iranian leader threatens to increase uranium enrichment - Jul 23, 2012
- We don't need to sell oil to Europe: Ahmadinejad - Jan 27, 2012
- Iran threatens legal action over oil embargo - Jul 05, 2012
- Tehran calls on US, EU to settle nuclear dispute - Jul 26, 2010
- Iran to send man into space by 2019 - Jul 24, 2010
- Iran President Ahmadinejad rejects pressure on nuclear front - Sep 16, 2010
- Ahmadinejad urges Russia to rethink support for UN sanctions - May 26, 2010
Tags: canada, country iran, decisions, economic ties, energy sectors, european union, iranian products, mahmoud ahmadinejad, measures, negotiations, New Delhi, nuclear program, obstacles, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, sanction, tehran, un sanctions, united states, uranium enrichment, xinhua