Investigation into Jaswant Singh’s ‘opium party’: Jodhpur Court to decide todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:28 am ICT by admin
In a complaint, it was alleged that Jaswant welcomed the guests by offering them opium diluted in water. However, all accused denied the charges.
The complaint was filed by a resident Om Prakash Vishnoi, through his counsel Malam Singh Choudhary before the Special Judge, Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act cases, under various sections of the law.
On October 31, Singh had hosted a lunch at his ancestral village Jasol in Rajasthan’s Barmer District and had also invited several BJP leaders of the anti-Vasundhara Raje faction.
Leaders Raghuveer Singh Kaushal, Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi, Kailash Meghwal, state cabinet ministers Ghan Shyam Tiwari, Narpat Singh Rajvi, Madan Dilawar and Mahaveer Prasad Jain and two BJP MLAs Jogeshwar Garg and Shankar Singh Rajpu Rohit were also named in the complaint. (ANI)
- Jodhpur court orders investigation into Jaswant Singh's 'opium party' case - Nov 14, 2007
- Report on Jaswant Singh's money distribution sent to poll panel - Apr 01, 2009
- Congress seeks probe into Jaswant's cash-for-votes case - Apr 01, 2009
- Now BJP's Jaswant Singh caught on camera distributing cash - Mar 31, 2009
- Poll panel notice to Jaswant Singh for doling cash - Apr 05, 2009
- Jaswant Singh to file papers for vice president Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Poll panel to verify Jaswant's cash-for-votes CD (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Jaswant files nomination for vice presidential poll - Jul 20, 2012
- Yeddyurappa will resign if case is made out, says Rajnath - Feb 03, 2011
- Army chief should have filed complaint, say parties (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- NDA names Jaswant as vice presidential candidate - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh files nomination from Darjeeling - Apr 09, 2009
- Chidambaram, Jaswant to reply to Election Commission notice today - Apr 07, 2009
- Chidambaram to reply to Election Commission notice today - Apr 06, 2009
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: act cases, ancestral village, barmer, bjp leaders, decide today, faction leaders, ghan, jaswant singh, lalit, legal complaint, narcotic drugs, om, opium, psychotropic substances, shankar singh, social function, special judge, state cabinet, vasundhara raje