International Women’’s Day celebration todayMarch 8th, 2009 - 10:25 am ICT by ANI
The Ministry will release Gender Development Index and a report on Gender Empowerment Measures in India in a function to be organized here at Siri Fort Auditorium.
Discussion on various legislative measures including case studies on domestic violence will also be held.
The Ministry has also launched awareness campaign for empowerment of women. Several public private partnership initiatives have been made under the campaign.
A report on Bell Bajao campaign and on appointment of Protection Officers for the implementation of Child Marriage Act and Prohibition of Domestic Violence Act will also be released on this occasion. (ANI)
- President to launch Save Girl Child campaign today - Mar 08, 2009
- 'Enforcement of laws on women hit by lack of funds' - Jul 12, 2012
- Awareness needed for Delhi's women: Dikshit - Feb 19, 2011
- 50 percent women married as minors: Experts - Mar 28, 2011
- TV show aims to curb domestic violence - Mar 08, 2012
- Mass awareness is must against domestic violence: Krishna Tirath - Nov 13, 2009
- UN joins 'Bell Bajao' campaign on domestic violence - Sep 22, 2010
- UNFPA-Laadli awards 14 gender crusaders - May 12, 2010
- President calls for effective monitoring of domestic violence act (Lead) - Nov 13, 2009
- Jamia Millia reaches out to women in distress - Feb 25, 2011
- Dowry, sexual harassment laws among government priorities - Jun 11, 2010
- Centre asks States to implement Womens Empowerment schemes effectively - Feb 28, 2009
- Cabinet clears bill against workplace sexual harassment (Lead) - Nov 04, 2010
- 'Low-income states struggle with gender empowerment' - Mar 08, 2009
- Be sensitive to women's requirements: Jairam Ramesh - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: appointment, awareness campaign, bajao, case studies, celebration, child marriage, domestic violence act, gender development index, implementation, India, international women, legislative measures, marriage, marriage act, partnership initiatives, prohibition, public private partnership, siri fort auditorium