International drug racket busted in LudhianaJune 6th, 2009 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
Jalandhar, June 6 (ANI): Police claimed to have busted an international drug racket with the arrest of three persons in Ludhiana.
Police recovered heroin worth 200 million rupees, a revolver, 6 live cartridges and nine lakhs of rupees from their possession.
Addressing reporters here, Jaskaran Singh, additional intelligence general, counterintelligence cell, said an attempt was on to mount large-scale smuggling of heroin.
“We have busted an international racket involved in smuggling of drugs. Recently, a chief of an international drug smuggling gang came to India from Canada and mobilised a team of three people for collecting and smuggling heroin on a mass scale. We broke the nexus and arrested three people from Ludhiana,” he said.
The amount of narcotic and psychotropic substances recovered in Punjab is reported to have increased substantially over the last three years. (ANI)
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Drugs worth million seized in Punjab - Jul 24, 2009
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- 500 kg cannabis seized, three held - Aug 08, 2010
- Counter Intelligence Branch seize drugs worth 900 million rupees at Jalandhar - Jan 02, 2010
- India among top drugs hotspots: UN report (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Heroin worth rupees 600 million seized in Punjab - Jul 04, 2009
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Heroin processing unit unearthed, two arrested - Jul 02, 2011
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: canada, counterintelligence, drug racket, drug smuggling, drugs, heroin, India, intelligence, jalandhar, lakhs, mass scale, nexus, possession, psychotropic substances, punjab, revolver, rupees, three persons