International advisory panel on NRHM to meet tomorrowFebruary 8th, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 8 (ANI): The third meeting of the International Advisory Panel on National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) is scheduled to meet here tomorrow under the chairmanship of the Union Health Minister Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss.
Besides reviewing the progress of the NRHM, the major issues that will be discussed include, process of health structure reforms, financing, including insurance and risk protection for the poor, improving nutrition and maternal and child health (MCH), public health approaches for HIV and AIDS.
Among the members of the international advisory panel are Dr Jeffrey D. Sachs, the Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University; Dr Charles Gardner, the Advisor to the World Health Organization; Dr Usha Kiran of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Dr Kedar Mate of the Partners in Health.
The first meeting of the Advisory Panel was held in August 2006.
The NRHM has since progressed in various fields. Over four lakh trained ASHAs and community workers working actively in the field to connect households with health facilities.
As many as 8756 Primary Health Centres (PHCs) have been made 24X7, against 1634 before NRHM.
17,600 Rogi Kalyan Samitis have been established in DHs, CHCs and PHCs.
509 Integrated District Health Action Plans completed and 189 districts have functional Mobile Medical Units. (ANI)
- International advisory panel on NRHM to meet today - Feb 09, 2008
- Over 7,000 vacancies vacant for rural doctors - Aug 24, 2012
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official - Feb 27, 2011
- Ramadoss appears in graft case, moves bail plea - Jul 10, 2012
- CBI court issues warrant against Ramadoss - Jul 07, 2012
- Survey finds major glitches in rural health programme - Feb 25, 2010
- AYUSH to be integrated with mainstream health services - Aug 13, 2009
- Court seeks CBI's response to Ramadoss bail plea - Jul 20, 2012
- Rural India is short of 16,000 doctors - Mar 09, 2011
- India needs 6,800 more hospitals, NRHM has many glitches: Survey (Lead) - Feb 25, 2010
- CBI files chargesheet against Ramadoss - Apr 27, 2012
- Inclusive Development Strategy Focusing on Income and Non-Income Dimensions Required: FM - Feb 25, 2011
- CBI raids Anbumani Ramadoss' aide - Feb 21, 2011
- 'NACO merger with NRHM not insensitive' - Apr 27, 2012
- Ramadoss calls on Norwegian Prime Minister in Oslo - Nov 18, 2008
Tags: anbumani ramadoss, ashas, bill and melinda gates, bill and melinda gates foundation, charles gardner, earth institute, health structure, hiv and aids, international advisory panel, jeffrey d sachs, maternal and child health, melinda gates foundation, mobile medical units, national rural health, national rural health mission, phcs, public health approaches, risk protection, usha kiran, world health organization