Intelligence agencies are not working upto expectations: Lalu PrasadSeptember 15th, 2008 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 15 (ANI): Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav today accused Intelligence agencies of not being upto the mark and urged them to strengthen their network.
Following the serial blasts that rocked Delhi on Saturday, Lalu Prasad called for a high level meeting to discuss a strategy to deal firmly with terrorists in the country.
He made this observation after a meeting with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Meanwhile, the Gujarat police said SIMI activists Qayamuddin Kapadia and Abdul Subhan alias Tauqueer, who are wanted for serial blasts in Ahmedabad, could be behind the Delhi terror attacks.
Gujarat’’s Anti Terror Squad was tracking Qayamuddin in Delhi two days before the blasts and has strong indicators to suggest that he was in Delhi at the time of the blasts along with four other SIMI suspects.
Joint Commissioner of Police Ashish Bhatia said: “There is a possibility that other SIMI members who are wanted in the Ahmedabad blasts cases, could be involved in the Delhi blasts.”
He claimed that Qayamuddin was present at the terror training camps held in Kerala and Halol in Gujarat.
According to Gujarat police, Tauqeer is a computer expert based in Mumbai, having wide knowledge about making of bombs. He is suspected to have designed the bombs detected in Surat days after the Ahmedabad blasts. (ANI)
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Many links between Ahmedabad, Pune blasts - Feb 17, 2010
- Ahmedabad blasts: Bail pleas of three accused rejected (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- SC split verdict on Madani's bail plea in Bangalore blast case - May 04, 2011
- A year on, 37 accused in Ahmedabad blasts still absconding - Jul 26, 2009
- My son is innocent: Tauqueers mother - Sep 17, 2008
- Ahmedabad blasts: Decision on bail plea of four on Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Ahmedabad blasts suspect handed to Gujarat police - Dec 05, 2008
- SIMI activist nabbed in Gujarat - Jul 27, 2010
- Ahmedabad blasts mastermind nabbed, case 'nearly cracked' (Overall Lead) - Aug 16, 2008
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen link suspected in Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- Jaipur blast accused brought to Ahmedabad for questioning - Oct 10, 2008
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: alias, ashish, bhatia, bombs, chairperson, commissioner of police, computer expert, delhi blasts, gujarat police, halol, intelligence agencies, kapadia, kerala, New Delhi, railway minister, serial blasts, sonia gandhi, terror squad, training camps, UPA