Integrated action plan to be implemented in Naxal affected areasDecember 16th, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.16 (ANI): An ambitious integrated action plan for sixty districts, affected by Left Wing Extremism has been approved by the government as Naxal violence continues to be a cause of concern.
As per the action plan it is proposed to make a block grant of 25 crore to each district for the remaining four months of 2010-11 and 30 crore to each district for 2011-12.
“In Dantewada, Chhattisgarh, 75 CPRF and 1 State police personnel were killed by the CPI (Maoist) in an ambush on April 6, 2010,” a Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) report said.
The report further said the Unified Commands have been created in the States of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa and West Bengal.
“The honorarium for SPOs has been raised from Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 3,000 per month. The ratio of cost sharing per SPO between the Centre and the States has been fixed at 80:20. 12,000 additional SPOs have been sanctioned to Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra and Orissa,” the Ministry Home Affairs report said.
On July 14, 2010, the Prime Minister chaired a meeting the Governors/Chief Ministers of 7 Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected States in New Delhi. (ANI)
- Unified Commands for Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, W.Bengal - Sep 01, 2010
- Wanted: Women to drive development in Maoist areas - Nov 20, 2011
- States affected by Maoism to hire choppers - Aug 22, 2012
- Supreme Court order will hit anti-Maoist drive: Chhattisgarh officers - Jul 05, 2011
- 60 Maoist-hit districts to get Rs.30 crore each - Feb 28, 2011
- Planning Commission to prepare IAPs for Naxal-affected areas: Joshi - Nov 15, 2010
- Integrated Action Plan for Naxal affected areas; Govt.allocated 4939 cr for Jharkhand - Aug 11, 2010
- 475 special police officers killed in Kashmir militancy - Mar 31, 2012
- Centre grants Rs. 192 crore for development in naxal affected areas - Apr 30, 2010
- Integrated Action Plan for Naxal affected areas - Aug 11, 2010
- Rendered jobless, Chhattisgarh SPOs to be made cops - Jul 23, 2011
- Collectors in Maoist areas want to push rural roads project: Ramesh (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Government to pump in Rs 6 bn to fight Maoists - Jan 13, 2011
- PM to review development strategy in Maoist areas - Sep 10, 2011
- Ramesh assures Munda of Maoist areas' speedy development - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: ambush, block grant, chief ministers, CPI, cprf, crore, four months, honorarium, jharkhand, maharashtra, maoist, ministry of home affairs, New Delhi, orissa, rs 1, spo, spos, state police, west bengal, wing extremism