INS Trishul to be affiliated with JAT RegimentJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 22, (ANI): Indian Naval Ship Trishul, a state-of-the-art multi-role Stealth Frigate is now affiliated with one of the most decorated infantry regiments of the Indian Army, Jat Regiment.
Commanding Officer of INS Trishul, Captain Ajendra Bahadur Singh and Brigadier RK Sharma, Commandant of the JAT Regimental Centre, signed the agreement of Affiliation.
Rear Admiral Surinder Pal Singh Cheema, Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet and Lieutenant General BS Nagal, Colonel of the JAT Regiment were present during the occasion.
The motive of affiliation between fighting forces is to act as a force multiplier by promoting better understanding of each other’’s strengths and to maximize the combat potential of the Armed Forces at the time of reckoning.
The affiliation will also fosters a deep understanding of each others service ethos, customs, traditions and sharing of new operational concepts.
A few previous instances of such affiliations between units of the Army and the Navy include the affiliation between INS Viraat with Garhwal Rifles, INS Rajput with Rajput Regiment, INS Mumbai with Maratha Light Infantry, INS Talwar with 16 Cavalry and more recently the INS Beas with Grenadiers.
INS Trishul was commissioned on Jun 25, 2003, as the second of the three 4000 tonne stealth frigates acquired by the Navy.
The ship, with an impressive array of 21st century weapons and sensors, remains a frontline man-of-war of the Navy, ever ready to go into harm’’s way when called upon to do so. (ANI)
- President to review Indian Navy fleet December 20 - Jun 07, 2011
- Antony witnesses Indian Navy's battle readiness exercise - Feb 08, 2012
- President to review Indian Navy fleet next month - Nov 22, 2011
- President reviews naval fleet (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Russian-built, BrahMos-fitted frigate set for Indian Navy induction - Dec 16, 2011
- Show of might at president's naval fleet review Dec 20 - Dec 15, 2011
- INS Teg warship inducted into Indian Navy - Apr 27, 2012
- Indo-French naval exercise to help anti-piracy operations - Jan 08, 2011
- India Navy to get 16 stealth frigates in 10 years (Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- Indian Navy to majorly increase combat capabilities - Dec 01, 2010
- India's new frigate INS Teg to be inducted April 27 - Apr 20, 2012
- India launches second home-built stealth warship (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- President Patil reviews naval fleet - Dec 20, 2011
- India commissions second indigenous stealth frigate - Aug 20, 2011
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: bahadur singh, cheema, flag officer, force multiplier, frigates, garhwal rifles, impressive array, indian army, infantry regiments, lieutenant general, light infantry, man of war, nagal, naval ship, operational concepts, rajput, rear admiral, regimental centre, rk sharma, stealth frigate