Injured Theo Walcott out for three monthsNovember 19th, 2008 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov.19 (ANI): A freak injury to England footballer Theo Walcott could keep him out for three months. According to The Sun, winger Walcott dislocated his right shoulder at the end of the England training session in Berlin last night.
The 19-year-old was challenged by Scott Parker and went down on the wet pitch. He was rushed to hospital in the German capital where his shoulder was put back in place. Walcott, who has just returned from injuring the same shoulder against Stoke, would have started tonights friendly for England against Germany but instead was due to fly home to have his injury assessed for immediate surgery.
Shaun Wright-Phillips will replace him but England boss Fabio Capello hopes Walcott will recover quickly.
Capello said: Our priority is Theo and making him as comfortable as possible before he returns to England. Were all very disappointed but the most important thing is for Theo to travel home and make a quick recovery.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, however, will be most disappointed since it looks likely Walcott will be out for a crucial period in the Gunners faltering Premier League campaign. (ANI)
- Wilshere set to defy Wenger, wants to play Euro under 21 - Mar 31, 2011
- Not obeying Capello's orders cost Walcott a place in WC squad - Jun 02, 2010
- Omitting Walcott out of England 2010 World Cup squad a mistake: Capello - Jan 28, 2011
- Walcott taking tips from David Beckham - May 28, 2010
- Three key decisions that Capello has to make - May 31, 2010
- Arsenal bent on wrecking Man U's unbeaten run: Walcott - Dec 10, 2010
- Beckham to help 'dumped' Walcott deal with despair - Jun 04, 2010
- Walcott joins list of injured players, out of Germany friendly - Nov 19, 2008
- Theo Walcott desperate to play against Olympiakos - Sep 28, 2009
- Walcott's 'pink' shoes for Egypt friendly had Capello seeing 'red' - Mar 21, 2010
- Wenger, Capello were approached to coach Barcelona in 2001: Gaspart - Aug 03, 2010
- Erikkson surprised at Walcott's omission - Jun 04, 2010
- Goalkeeping blunder costs England victory over US (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Beckham proves his worth, to be a key member of the World Cup squad - Jun 07, 2009
- Capello looks for right World Cup mix for England (Group C team profile) - May 28, 2010
Tags: 19 year old, arsenal manager arsene wenger, boss, england footballer, england training, fabio capello, freak injury, german capital, gunners, league campaign, manager arsene wenger, phillips, pitch, premier league, priority, scott parker, theo walcott, three months, training session, winger