Infotech announces extension of long term contract with Bombardier TransportationOctober 1st, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by ANI
Berlin/Hyderabad, Oct 1 (ANI): Infotech Enterprises Limited signed with Bombardier Transportation a new long term contract to continue to provide engineering, electronic design, technical publications and IT-related services to Bombardier Transportation divisions worldwide.
The contract builds on a relationship that started in 2003 and now Infotech supports all Bombardier divisions across multiple technologies and projects in a real-time engineering environment.
Under their renewed contract, the projects include the prestigious Delhi Metro Phase II for which Bombardier will soon start to supply trains. The original relationship was executed under the Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) framework.
The new contract does not have this clause which further demonstrates Bombardier Transportations commitment to work with Infotech Enterprises as a long term partner for their engineering outsourcing requirements.
Josef Doppelbauer, CTO and Vice President Project Management, Bombardier Transportation added: Bombardier and Infotech have enjoyed a long-term relationship and will continue working together to further build our association. This renewed contract proves the strength of our business relationship with Infotech Enterprises. Together with our long operational manufacturing facility in Vadodara and the opening of a new rolling stock production facility at Savli to deliver the Delhi Metro project, this relationship will continue to further strengthen our engineering competence within our existing Indian operations. Our relationships and own capacities in India will not only ensure the support of local Indian projects but also help design and deliver high quality new systems that could be utilized for our global needs.
Commenting on the occasion, Krishna Bodanapu, Sr. Vice President Manufacturing, Infotech Enterprises Limited said, Infotech Enterprises is very proud to be associated with Bombardier Transportation. We started with simple engineering tasks such as data migration in 2003. Bombardier management team has shown exceptional vision and focus in enabling the relationship to evolve into a strategic partnership with Infotech undertaking complex engineering tasks in real-time projects. Infotech Enterprises is committed to building on this relationship and we look forward to supporting Bombardier Transportations continued market leadership. (ANI)
- Bombardier Corporation rolls out rakes for metro trains - May 17, 2010
- Delhi Metro orders 40 subway cars from Bombardier - Jul 24, 2010
- Bombardier aircraft sales slip 19 percent - Feb 18, 2011
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Infotech's revenues up by 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Infotech Enterprises acquires US firm Wellsco - Aug 10, 2010
- Bombardier inaugurates engineering centre in Bangalore - Apr 17, 2012
- French firm Altran bets on india for growth - Jul 12, 2012
- Bombardier posts $220-million profit, BlackBerry sinks - Jun 02, 2011
- France's Thales bets big on India's metro, rail projects - Apr 24, 2012
- Infotech inks pact with n-energy firm Westinghouse - Apr 28, 2010
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- France's Thales eyes big in India's metro, rail projects - Apr 25, 2012
- Microland gets $55-mn deal from British firm again - Aug 10, 2011
- India awaits ratification process for BIPA: Anand Sharma - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: bombardier transportation berlin, business relationship, delhi metro, electronic design, indian operations, indian projects, infotech enterprises limited, long term relationship, metro project, multiple technologies, new contract, president project, real time engineering, rolling stock, stock production, technical publications, term contract, term partner, transportation divisions, vadodara