Information and Broadcasting Ministry starts a community radio workshop in GuwahatiJanuary 28th, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan. 28 (ANI): The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has begun a two-day Community Radio Awareness workshop from Wednesday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi inaugurated the workshop.
The Sixth Regional Consultation will focus mainly on educational institutions and civil society organizations based in the north east.
With 37 stations accredited to educational institutions, community radio has achieved the desired result in empowering society through its knowledge-based programmes.
Official sources said more such community radio stations are in the pipeline. (ANI)
- Assam ties up with US varsity to document traditional practices - Mar 19, 2012
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Frequencies that touch lives: India's growing community radio stations (Feature) - Jul 31, 2012
- Govt. to consider setting up of 'Community Radio Fund': Ambika Soni - Apr 07, 2011
- Azad launches scheme for pregnant mothers in Assam - Jan 30, 2012
- Fund planned to encourage community radios: Soni - Apr 08, 2011
- Qualcomm launches 3G radiophone project for children in India - Aug 31, 2011
- Post-Sikkim quake: ham radio, bamboo applications recommended for northeast - Nov 15, 2011
- Security sought to run trains in Assam (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Assam to get $2.5 mn from UN body for rural hygiene - Sep 18, 2011
- Gogoi claims improved law and order - May 02, 2012
- PM arriving on two-day visit to Assam - Feb 18, 2011
- Ambika Soni to inaugurate 'National Community Radio Sammelan' - Apr 06, 2011
- Panjab University gets own community radio - Feb 13, 2011
- 25,000 train passengers stranded in Assam (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: assam, awareness workshop, chief minister, civil society organizations, community radio stations, educational institutions, guwahati, jan 28, london jan, ministry of information, pipeline, radio workshop, regional consultation, tarun, union ministry