Inflation rates up to 0.31 percentApril 2nd, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 2 (ANI): The rate of inflation for the week ended March 21 rose marginally to 0.31 percent, from 0.27 percent a week earlier, government data showed on Thursday.
The inflation rate, as measured by the wholesale price index, was 7.8 per cent during the corresponding week of the previous year.
Price of certain food items such as tea, gur, aerated water and imported edible oil has risen during the period.
While the price of blended tea increased by 48 per cent, packaged tea and aerated water became expensive by 22 and 10 per cent, respectively.
Besides them, the list of items, which became expensive comprises of oil cake, bajra, soft drinks, condiments and spices, soyabean, niger seed, raw rubber, groundnut, mustard seed and raw cotton.
Cement, rubber, plastic products and PVC fittings also became dearer.
However, prices of fruit and vegetables, barley, jowar, raw silk, khandsari, salt, mustard and coconut oil became cheaper.
Prices of furnace oil, textile items, hair oil, steel ingots and bars also decreased.
Meanwhile, the commerce ministry has lowered the inflation rate for the week ended Jan 24 to 4.70 percent from the provisional 5.07 percent reported earlier.
It didn’t give any reasons for the revision in the rate. (ANI)
- Inflation rises to - 1.53 percent - Aug 20, 2009
- Inflation slips to 5.07 percent - Feb 05, 2009
- Inflation increases by -1.17 percent - Jul 23, 2009
- India's annual food price inflation up over 13 percent - Nov 05, 2009
- Mukherjee hopes overall inflation to decline to seven percent by March end - Feb 14, 2011
- Inflation rates falls further to 0.27 per cent - Mar 26, 2009
- Inflation in India falls to 11.07 per cent - Oct 23, 2008
- Inflation in negative for third consecutive week - Jul 02, 2009
- Inflation rises up to 5.64 percent - Jan 29, 2009
- Food inflation a problem but growth important, says Manmohan Singh - Feb 16, 2011
- 24 commodities dearer in Pakistan in Ramzan's first week - Aug 07, 2011
- Inflation will drop to seven percent by March 2011: Montek Singh Ahluwalia - Feb 15, 2011
- Retail inflation eases to 9.86 percent in July - Aug 21, 2012
- Inflation falls to 10.68 per cent - Oct 30, 2008
- Govt. taking all steps to check price rise: Mukherjee - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: blended tea, coconut oil, commerce ministry, edible oil, fruit and vegetables, furnace oil, hair oil, inflation rate, inflation rates, mustard seed, niger seed, oil cake, pvc fittings, rate of inflation, raw cotton, raw rubber, raw silk, soft drinks, week ended march, wholesale price index