Inflation rate drops to a six-year low of 2.43 per centMarch 12th, 2009 - 7:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 12 (ANI): Inflation has fallen to a more than a six-year low of 2.43 per cent for the week ended February 28, against the previous week’’s 3.03 per cent, government data showed on Thursday.
The annual inflation rate was 6.21 per cent during the corresponding week of the previous year.
The fall in the wholesale price index is mainly attributed to a fall in prices of manufactured products and some food items.
During the week, prices of steel ingots, batteries and nylon yarn declined.
While, the prices of maize, arhar dal and moong dal declined by one per cent each, prices of fuel remained unchanged at the previous week’’s level.
In an attempt to revive the economy, Reserve Bank of India has slashed the borrowing costs.
According to the experts, inflation is likely to fall below zero by March end this year. (ANI)
- Inflation falls to (-) 1.58 percent - Aug 06, 2009
- Inflation further dips to -1.55 per cent - Jul 09, 2009
- Food inflation dips to six-year low, relief for consumer (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Food inflation dips to 0.42 percent; WPI may fall to 6 percent: Pranab (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Prices remain high in Delhi - Jan 21, 2011
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- Inflation rises to - 1.53 percent - Aug 20, 2009
- Food inflation rises to 8.31 percent - Jul 14, 2011
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Food inflation falls to 39-month low of 6.6 percent - Dec 08, 2011
- Rate cut will stimulate growth: Montek - Apr 17, 2012
- Inflation will come down to 7 percent by March: RBI - Oct 25, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 9.80 percent; Pranab expresses concern - Aug 25, 2011
- Food inflation dips to 0.42 percent - Dec 29, 2011
- Inflation eases to -1.54 percent - Jul 30, 2009
Tags: annual inflation rate, arhar, bank of india, batteries, economy, food items, government data, ingots, moong dal, New Delhi, nylon yarn, previous year, reserve bank of india, wholesale, wholesale price index