Infiltration bid foiled, three militants killed in KashmirMay 22nd, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 22 (IANS) Three militants were killed Friday when army troops foiled an infiltration bid in the Tangdhar sector at the Line of Control (LoC) in north Kashmir, officials said.
Troops detected and challenged a group of infiltrators at the LoC in Kupwara district as soon as they crossed the border in the Tangdhar sector, a defence spokesman said here.
“The infiltrating terrorists opened fire at the surrounding troops. The fire was returned, triggering a gun battle in which three militants have been eliminated,” Lt. Col Uma Maheshwar told IANS here.
“Troops are still busy searching the area,” he added.
Arms and ammunition were recovered from the site of the gun battle.
The identity of the slain guerrillas is being ascertained, Maheshwar added.
- Army foils infiltration bid, two intruders killed - May 26, 2010
- Three terrorists killed in Kashmir - Apr 30, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled, four militants killed - Jul 03, 2010
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- Guerrilla killed as troops foil infiltration bid - Nov 03, 2009
- Infiltration bid foiled in Kashmir; soldier, guerrilla killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Another militant killed in Kashmir's Gurez sector - Aug 25, 2011
- Three guerrillas killed in north Kashmir gunfight - Aug 07, 2009
- Militant killed in infiltration bid on LoC - May 22, 2012
- Two infiltrators killed in Kashmir - Oct 30, 2009
- Three infiltrators killed at LoC (Lead) - Nov 03, 2009
- Four infiltrators killed on LoC - Oct 01, 2011
- Eight militants killed in two Kashmir gun fights (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010