Infiltration bid foiled in JammuSeptember 27th, 2008 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Sept 27 (ANI): Indian troops today foiled an infiltration bid by a group of armed militants, who tried to enter a border district in Jammu and Kashmir under the cover of firing by the Pakistani forces.
According to sources, Pakistani Rangers opened fire on Chak Fagwari Border Out Post (BOP) along the International Border in Pargwal sub-sector of Jammu frontier on Friday.
The exchange of fire continued for nearly an hour. The BSF troops also fired mortar bombs on militants.
There was no loss of life or injury. Search operations are being conducted in the area.
Earlier on August 25, three militants had infiltrated along Kanachak area after cutting fencing under cover of Pakistani firing. (ANI)
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Oct 03, 2008
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Pargwal sector of Akhnoor near Jammu - Jan 09, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 01, 2008
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jan 13, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled near India-Pakistan border - Jan 09, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
- BSF shoots intruder trying to enter India - Jan 21, 2011
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, BSF jawan injured - Jul 21, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Exchange of fire across India-Pakistan border - Jan 11, 2010