Infiltration bid along LoC in J-K foiledOctober 11th, 2008 - 10:02 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 11 (ANI): Army troops on Saturday shot dead a Pakistani militant in a gun battle in Poonch District of Jammu and Kashmir, foiling another infiltration bid by militants along the Line of Control (LoC).
A group of five militants entered into Indian territory in the forward post of Sabra Gali area along the LoC in Poonch District in the wee hours today.
The troops, who noticed the infiltration movement through thermal imagers, cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
Militants opened fired on the troops, which was retaliated, ensuing a gunbattle in which one Pakistani militant was killed. The others managed to escape.
The slain militant, identified as Mohammad Sarwar, hailed from Rahd area in Pakistan.
One AK rifle, three magazines and some explosive materials have been recovered from the infiltrators. (ANI)
- Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch - Sep 13, 2012
- Indian Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Aug 23, 2011
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Militant killed in infiltration bid on LoC - May 22, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jun 09, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Army foils infiltration bid, arrests one - Feb 23, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: army troops, cordoned, explosive materials, forward post, gun battle, gunbattle, indian territory, infiltration, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, magazines, militants, mohammad, oct 11, pakistan, sarwar, search operation, wee hours