Indraprastha Gas Limited raises CNG prices by Rs 2.10 in New DelhiJune 16th, 2009 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 16(ANI): Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL), the sole CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) supplier in the national capital, has raised the CNG price by Rs 2.10.
IGL was selling CNG at Rs 18.90 per kilogram, has now hiked it to Rs 21 a Kilogram.
“I came to know about the increased fare this morning when I came to fill CNG in my auto, yesterday the prices were 18.90 rupees now it is 21 per kilogram,” Raju Gupta, an auto-rickshaw operator.
The price revision comes after three years and company officials said that the increased rate was needed to meet the overall input cost and increasing operating expenses.
Meanwhile, auto-rickshaw operators of the city slammed the decision by saying that the increased prices would raise their operating cost.
“Now what can we do, we can charge extra fare from passengers to meet out our extra expenditure. If we charge our Rs. 5 or 10 more, then passengers will fight with us and longed a complaint against us. Now who will listen our grievances?” Gupta added. (ANI)
- Delhi's autos, taxis to go on strike from Aug 3 - Jul 20, 2012
- Auto, taxi fare charges likely to increase in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- CNG costs Rs.5.60 more a kg from midnight in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- CNG prices hiked in Delhi and neighbourhood - Mar 05, 2012
- CNG prices raised up to Rs.2 a kg in NCR (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- CNG prices raised Rs.2.90 a kg in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- IGL raises gas prices by 0.20 paise in UP - Sep 08, 2012
- CNG price raised marginally - Jun 04, 2011
- No stay on regulator's order to cut gas prices in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Have power to frame CNG tariff rules, regulator tells court (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- CNG price to go up by up to Rs.2 per kg - Dec 30, 2011
- CNG gets dearer by 30 paisa in Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- Regulator asks IGL to reduce gas prices - Apr 10, 2012
- CNG prices raised Rs.2.90 a kg in Delhi - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: auto rickshaw, company officials, compressed natural gas, grievances, gupta, IGL, indraprastha gas limited, kilogram, natural gas supplier, New Delhi, operating expenses, price revision, raju, rs 2, rs 21, rupees