Indore hoists Indias largest flag on Republic DayJanuary 26th, 2009 - 8:25 pm ICT by ANI
Indore, Jan. 26 (ANI): As India commemorated its 60th Republic Day on Monday; people from across the nation celebrated this occasion in their own way.
Inspired by the unity of the Mumbaikars who raised their voice against terrorism, people of Indore hoisted a giant size tricolour. The flag was 21 feet in width and 14 feet in length and it was hoisted on an 80 feet tall pole.
When Mumbai terror attack took place, at that time whole Mumbai came together to raise their voice against terrorism. We also got inspired from that and we wanted to do something similar to that, that’’s why we organised this flag hoisting ceremony to show to the world that we are united, said Prakash Rathor, the organiser.
The Mumbai martyr Hemant Karkare others became the inspiration of an artist in Jaipur.
“I am passionate about making images of the martyrs, it’’s my way of paying homage to them. I started making images of martyrs from 1999, during Kargil war I had made images of all the martyrs from Rajasthan state,” said Chandra Prakash, a painter.
Prakash doesn”t sell his portraits inspired by the martyrs. As his expression of gratitude for those who sacrificed their lives for the nation, he gifts these paintings to the families of the martyrs. (ANI)
- Indore hoists giant national flag on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2009
- Giant national flag hoisted at Kargil war memorial - Jul 27, 2012
- Advani's Rath Yatra root of terrorism in India: Digvijay - Jan 28, 2011
- Tricolour flutters atop charred Mantralaya again - Jun 24, 2012
- Digvijay Singh using language of divide: BJP - Dec 28, 2010
- Maharashtra observes peaceful I-Day celebrations - Aug 15, 2010
- Digvijay Singh sparks new storm with Karkare remark (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2010
- Misty sunshine as Agra marks Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Rajnath demands probe against Digvijay - Dec 11, 2010
- MPs prevented from hoisting flag at Telangana memorial - Aug 15, 2011
- At 206 feet, tricolour to flutter in unmatched glory - Jan 24, 2010
- Maharashtra's largest tricolour unfurled in NDA (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Muslim group pays homage to martyr Hemant Karkare in New Delhi - Nov 26, 2009
- Digvijay now targets Advani, BJP seeks apology from Congress - Dec 12, 2010
- Pledge to be responsible citizens: TV stars - Aug 15, 2011