Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visitJanuary 24th, 2011 - 7:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 24 (ANI): Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono arrived here on Monday on a three-day state visit, during which he will participate in this year’s Republic Day parade as the chief guest.
There will be a ceremonial welcome for the visiting President at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here on Tuesday. Thereafter, he will place a wreath at Mahatma Gandhi’s memorial at Raj Ghat.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna will call on President Yudhoyono at Hotel Taj Palace later in the day.
The Indonesian President will meet the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, at around 12: 15 p.m. at Hyderabad House tomorrow. There would be delegation level talks later during which several agreements are expected to be signed between both nations.
After his meeting with Dr. Singh, the visiting dignitary will attend a business meeting at Hotel Taj Palace at around 1: 30 p.m., which is being jointly organized by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, will call on President Yudhoyono at 3: 30 p.m. tomorrow.
Indonesian President will then meet Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, which would be followed by a call on by Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
President Yudhoyono will then call on President Pratibha Devisingh Patil tomorrow evening, who will host a banquet in his honour at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
On Wednesday, he will participate in the Republic Day Parade 2011 as the chief guest.
The visiting President will then attend an ‘At Home’ reception at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
President Yudhoyono will emplane for Zurich at 5 p.m. on January 27. (ANI)
- President hosts R'Day reception, Yudhoyono 'At Home' - Jan 26, 2011
- Manmohan Singh hosts private dinner for visiting Chinese Premier - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Delhi - Dec 15, 2010
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia sign eleven agreements - Jan 25, 2011
- History revisited with Yudhoyono at R'Day parade - Jan 26, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, seal $15 billion deals (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India's 62nd Republic Day parade begins - Jan 26, 2011
- Russian President to arrive in New Delhi on Tuesday morning - Dec 20, 2010
- Chinese Premier to arrive in India today - Dec 15, 2010
- India, Indonesia sign double tax avoidance pact, set $25 bn trade target (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia to sign extradition treaty, other agreements - Jan 21, 2011
- Applause for Lavani dancers at parade - Jan 26, 2011
- Thai PM chief guest at Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- India, Indonesia to set $20 bn bilateral trade target - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: ceremonial welcome, chambers of commerce and industry, confederation of indian industry, congress president sonia gandhi, dr manmohan singh, external affairs minister, hotel taj palace, indian chambers of commerce, industry of india, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, mahatma gandhi, manmohan singh, mohammad hamid ansari, pratibha devisingh patil, president mohammad, president susilo bambang yudhoyono, raj ghat, rashtrapati bhavan, susilo bambang yudhoyono