Indo-western fusion wears make their presence felt at LFWNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Collection titled ‘Oracle’ by designer Anupama Dayal saw a collection of tunics and suits in rich colours such as crimson, emerald, lime, banana, champagne and grey.
Turkmenistan print and traditional Indian embroidery ikkat, on Lurex panels gave the dresses a traditional yet classy and western touch.
“It is about how global women will choose to express her identity. It is multi-ethnic meet techno. A lot of vintage flavour, but treated in a modern manner,” said Anupama.
‘Lemonade’ by designer Vineet Bahl saw a refreshing ensemble in delicate breezy fabrics.
Flowing dresses in chiffon, georgette, and silk, with empire line and A-line silhouettes in colours of pink, ivory, and rich tones of red and brown lent an opulent touch to the clothes.
“I am always interested in fusing cultures. Indian and western together is much more interesting for me than just western. So that’s what I did in this collection. We started with Indian silhouette but we updated it and added more colour and more texture to it, we made it slightly modern,” said Vineet.
LFW is the first event independently organised by fashion accessories major, Lakme.
Lakme had sponsored the last three India Fashion Weeks. However, it branched off to move on its own after FDCI announced it would be holding separate fashion weeks for the spring/summer and fall/winter collections from 2006 and the two organisations could not agree to the sponsorship amount for the events.
LFW involves events like media seminars, business-to-business meetings and a buyers’ forum, apart from regular fashion shows. (ANI)
- Kolkatta, Paris, Jaipur inspire Preeti Kapoor's designs (With images) - Aug 19, 2011
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika Padukone - Mar 14, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Anuradha offers ethnic designs for modern women (With Images) - Jan 01, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Dongre's tribute to Indian textiles at LFW (With Images) - Jul 28, 2012
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Walking on ramp has become a cliche: Mugdha Godse - Aug 08, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: anupama, colour palette, dresses, empire line, fashion weeks, fdci, global women, india fashion, lakme, lurex, pink ivory, rich colours, silhouettes, spring summer, traditional embroidery, traditional indian embroidery, tunics, vibrant colour, vineet, vintage flavour