Indo-Tibetan Border Police celebrates 46th raising dayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
Patil also presented medals for gallantry and meritorious service to the personnel of ITBP.
The force has commended the initiatives of the government for its expansion and believes it will have a positive effect on the cadre.
“With the concurrence of the Indian Government, the force has been allocated 20 more battalions and has been granted the permission to open six sector headquarters, and two zonal headquarters,” said V K Joshi, Director General, ITBP.
“This type of expansion will enable the officers to get deployed and promoted in civilian areas. This would have a positive effect on the officers’ work efficiency and their health,” Joshi added.
The raising day celebrations that began on October 17 will continue till October 25 and will feature programmes like blood donation camp and welfare exhibition.
Since its inception, ITBP has played a vital role in the defence of the Himalayan borders. The force is now manning 3,488 kilometres of Sino-Indian border. (ANI)
- No threat from China: New ITBP chief - Sep 01, 2011
- Over 30,000 personnel to join ITBP - Oct 24, 2011
- ITBP pitches for more men, advanced equipment (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- No hostility on India-China border: ITBP chief (Lead, correcting name) - Oct 21, 2010
- 111 personnel get president's police medal - Jan 25, 2012
- Handicrafts from border areas a hit at exhibition - Nov 27, 2011
- India's own Special Forces to counter insurgents, terror (With Images) - Jun 12, 2011
- No women as officers of border forces, says government - Jun 01, 2010
- Guarding borders, soothing lives at India-China border - Jun 09, 2011
- 704 policemen awarded Police Medals - Jan 25, 2010
- Troopers rescue 25 in Sikkim - Sep 22, 2011
- More than 400 rescued in Sikkim: ITBP - Sep 19, 2011
- ITBP rescues 26 tourists in Sikkim - Sep 19, 2011
- Maharashtra to deploy own security to guard Kasab - May 25, 2011
- India quietly activates airstrip near Chinese border - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: blood donation camp, border police, celebrations, chief guest, civilian areas, himalayan borders, indian border, indian government, itbp, meritorious service, patil, sector headquarters, tibetan border, union home minister, work efficiency