Indo-Pak talks on conventional, nuclear CBMs todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
Representatives from Defence Ministry and Home Ministry from Indian and Pakistani sides will be present in the meeting.
Discussion will also be held on issues like arrangements to deal with inadvertent crossers, an Agreement on Prevention of Incidents at Sea and other CBMs.
The talks on nuclear CBMs, which will be led K C Singh, Additional Secretary (IO), in the Ministry of External Affairs from the Indian side will be held on Thursday.
Khalid Aziz Babar, who is the Additional Secretary (UN and EC) in their Foreign Affairs Ministry, will lead the Pakistani side.
The Indian delegation will include, representatives from Defence Ministry, Department of Atomic Energy, National Security Council Secretariat and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Both sides are expected to review the progress made in the implementation of existing agreements and security issues.
The meeting that will be the fifth round of talks on convention and nuclear CBMs will focus on modalities to improve the level of trust between India and Pakistan in the field of non-conventional weapons.
The last round of talks on nuclear as well as conventional CBMs were held in April 2006 in Islamabad.
Islamabad and New Delhi will also hold second meeting on anti-terrorism mechanism in New Delhi on October 22, a few days after the conclusion of CBMs talks. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan exchange n-facilities list (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan extend nuke accidents risks accord - Feb 21, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- Highlights of India, Pakistan joint statement - Jul 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMs - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: cbms, defence ministry, defence research, drdo, energy national, foreign affairs ministry, indian delegation, islamabad, khalid aziz, ministry department, ministry of external affairs, ministry representatives, national security council secretariat, New Delhi, pakistani side, security council secretariat