Indo-Pak talks beginning October 18 to focus on nuclear CBMsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
Representatives from Defence Ministry and Home Ministry from both sides would be present in the meeting.
“Arrangements to deal with inadvertent crossers, an Agreement on Prevention of Incidents at Sea and other Confidence Building Measures would be discussed,” a release issued by the External Affairs Ministry stated.
A separate day has been kept aside for the talks on nuclear CBMs which would be led K C Singh, Additional Secretary (IO), in the Ministry of External Affairs from the Indian side.
Khalid Aziz Babar, who is the Additional Secretary (UN and EC) in their Foreign Affairs Ministry, will lead the Pakistani side.
The Indian delegation would include, representatives from Defence Ministry, Department of Atomic Energy, National Security Council Secretariat and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Both sides are expected to review the progress made in the implementation of existing agreements and security issues in multilateral fora. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan exchange n-facilities list (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMs - Jul 05, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- India, Pakistan foreign ministers begin talks - Jul 27, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani foreign secretaries begin talks - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: cbms, defence ministry, defence research, drdo, energy national, external affairs ministry, foreign affairs ministry, indian delegation, khalid aziz, ministry department, ministry of external affairs, ministry representatives, multilateral fora, national security council secretariat, pakistani side, security council secretariat