Indias tour to Pakistan not yet confirmedNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 19 (ANI): Indias Test tour of Pakistan, which is scheduled to take place early next year, is not confirmed until it is cleared by the government.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has sought security clearance from the government to go ahead with the tour, BCCI president Shashank Manohar told reporters here.
The tour will be finalised once we get the clearance from the government. Nothing can be confirmed before that, said Manohar.
India is scheduled to play three Tests, five one-day internationals and a Twenty20 match during the five-week tour from January 13 to February 19.
It will be the fifth bilateral series between the two countries since 2004, when cricket ties resumed after a 15-year gap due to political tensions between the warring neighbours.
The tour was put in doubt after the Indian government denied permission to the national junior hockey team to visit Pakistan earlier this month.
Earlier, Australia cancelled a Test tour of Pakistan in March and the International Cricket Council put off the high-profile Champions Trophy there in September due to security concerns.
Recent media reports have suggested that the series could be held in India or at a neutral venue if the Indian government denies permission to play in Pakistan, The News reported. (ANI)
- Talks on to revive India-Pakistan series: Hockey India - Apr 13, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- PCB, BCCI at loggerheads over ICC's new Future Tours Programme - Dec 12, 2010
- India not game, calls off cricket tour to Pakistan (Roundup) - Dec 18, 2008
- Pak to play more 'home' series at neutral venues 'until security situation is clear': Subhan - Dec 26, 2010
- SLC hopes to convince BCCI to allow participation of Indian cricketers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- BCCI ropes in ex-president Manohar to solve Sahara crisis - Feb 14, 2012
- Resumption of bilateral series with India top priority for PCB: Butt - Jun 19, 2010
- IPL-Gate: Modi likely to move petition in Bombay High Court against GC meeting - Apr 23, 2010
- India to play extra warm-up game in Australia - Oct 05, 2011
- BCCI chief Manohar informs PCB of tour cancellation - Dec 18, 2008
- BCCI chief, secretary to frame plans to arrest India's slide - Aug 15, 2011
- Pakistan keen on reviving hockey series with India - Oct 28, 2010
- Pak has to ensure safety of Indian cricketers to resume cricket ties: Maken - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: champions trophy, day internationals, doubt, gap, high profile, hockey team, indian government, international cricket council, junior hockey, manohar, match, neighbours, neutral venue, New Delhi, pakistan, play three, political tensions, security clearance, security concerns, shashank