India’s inflation rises to 8.31 per centMarch 14th, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): The inflation has risen to 8.31 percent for the month ended February from 8.23 per cent in the previous month.
The rise is due to higher milk, edible oil, and vegetable and fruit prices. High fuel prices because of soaring international crude oil rates have also contributed to inflation.
Food inflation, which accounts for over 14 per cent of overall wholesale price index (WPI) inflation, stood at 10.65 per cent in February.
The prices of primary food, non-food articles and minerals have shot up by 14.79 per cent on an annual basis.
However, wheat has turned cheaper by 1.67 per cent, prices of pulses have fallen by 5.10 per cent and rates for potatoes by 11.28 per cent.Fuel and power prices have gone up by 11.19 per cent, mainly due to 28.73 per cent rise in petrol prices and a 14.99 per cent jump in cooking gas rates.At the same time, the manufactured goods group index has risen by 4.49 per cent on an annual basis. (ANI)
- India's inflation up on higher fuel, product prices - Mar 14, 2011
- India's inflation overshoots target, at 8.98 percent in March - Apr 15, 2011
- Mukherjee hopes overall inflation to decline to seven percent by March end - Feb 14, 2011
- India's inflation overshoots official target (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Higher food prices push inflation to 9.73 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Rising prices a major challenge, says Pranab Mukherjee - Jan 14, 2011
- India's annual inflation slips to 8.66 percent in April - May 16, 2011
- Food inflation slips a tad as vegetable, food prices ease - Mar 31, 2011
- Food inflation a problem but growth important, says Manmohan Singh - Feb 16, 2011
- Rising inflation would stabilise in next couple of days: Sheila Dikshit - Jan 14, 2011
- India's annual inflation slips to 8.66 percent in April (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Inflation will drop to seven percent by March 2011: Montek Singh Ahluwalia - Feb 15, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 11.49 percent - Feb 24, 2011
- Chandrababu Naidu criticizes Central Government over price hike - Jan 22, 2011
- Pranab expresses concern as inflation rises to 9.44 percent - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: edible oil, food articles, fruit prices, fuel prices, India, inflation, international crude oil, minerals, New Delhi, petrol prices, potatoes, pulses, wheat, wholesale, wholesale price index, wpi