India’s Independence Day: Clinton vows to strengthen bilateral tiesAugust 13th, 2010 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug.13 (ANI): US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has vowed to further strengthen cooperation and partnership between Washington and New Delhi.
In a statement issued ahead of India’s 63rd Indpendence Day, which falls on August 15 (Sunday), Clinton said: The United States is committed to further strengthening our cooperation and partnership with India. As President Obama notedduring our Strategic Dialogue, the relationship between our two countries is unique. It is rooted in common interests, shared values and democratic traditions, and strengthened by our extensive people-to-people connections.”
“We look forward to further developing these bonds when President Obama visits India this fall. Because it is only through dynamic, global cooperation between India and the United States that we can address the defining challenges of the 21stcentury,” she added.
“Each year on August 15th, we join with Indians around the world to honor Mahatma Gandhi and the heroes of the Indian independence movement who proved that great change can be achieved through non-violent resistance. Their courage and determination has inspired generations of leaders around the world, including Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and others who advanced America’s own struggle for civil rights and equality,” Clinton said.
“Sixty-three years after Independence, India is a world leader, and the “Indian Dream” of freedom, tolerance, and prosperity continues to offer an example for people who yearn for democracy and liberty around the globe. Once again, I congratulate the people of India on all you have achieved and wish you a safe and joyous Independence Day celebration,” the statement quoted Clinton, as saying. (ANI)
- US committed to strengthening unique bond with India: Clinton - Aug 12, 2010
- US stands with India as partner and friend: Clinton - Aug 13, 2012
- Obama aims to make India-US ties a 'defining partnership' - Aug 14, 2010
- India's story a powerful example of peaceful change: Clinton - Aug 12, 2011
- Strategic partnership with India will continue to grow: Obama - Aug 14, 2010
- Text of Obama's message on India's Independence Day - Aug 14, 2010
- Clinton to visit India in April - Jan 27, 2011
- India, US can cooperate for global economic development: President - Nov 08, 2010
- India, US to consolidate global strategic partnership - Jan 26, 2012
- India, US to work for implementing n-deal (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Text of President Barack Obama's address to India's parliament - Nov 08, 2010
- Obama, Clinton hail vibrancy of US-India ties on India's Republic Day - Jan 27, 2011
- India, US vow to cooperate on terror - Jun 04, 2010
- Pakistan-US ties to grow in diverse fields: Gilani - Jul 05, 2011
- Obama visit to strengthen ties: Rao - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: 21stcentury, august 15, bilateral ties, common interests, democratic traditions, dr martin luther, dr martin luther king, dr martin luther king jr, dream of freedom, global cooperation, hillary clinton, indian dream, indian independence movement, indpendence day, mahatma gandhi, martin luther king, martin luther king jr, obama, us secretary of state, violent resistance