Indian shooters satisfied with security measures in PakNovember 28th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Nov 28 (ANI): Indian shooters who are in Islamabad to participate in the 4th South Asian Shooting Championship, have reportedly expressed satisfaction at the security arrangements made by the Pakistan Government during their stay throughout the tournament.
In the wake of the Mumbai terror strikes, they said that no sports event should be cancelled because of terror activities.
Look if you delay or postpone the bilateral series between the two countries, it would only strengthen the nefarious designs of the terrorist who only mean the stalemate in al the normal activities. I would call on the sports authorities of Pakistan and India to go an extra mile in accommodating each other on the sports filed, Omkar Singh who won the gold for India, said.
Expressing surprise to hear about England planning to abandon the ongoing tour to India, he said: I do not know how they can even think about that. By doing so they would only fulfill the aims and objectives of the terrorists.
Singh said that the second reason of their abandoning the tour early might be their inability to handle the pressure. They are being beaten miserably and now they want to abandon the tour only to save them from Test bashing, he added.
He also urged India to go ahead with the planned series against Pakistan. India should and must come to Pakistan and play the series here. There is absolutely no fear. We are here for almost ten days now and so far we have enjoyed out our stay. The Pakistan Government has made special arrangements for our security and we went on to win the 4th SA Championship with utmost ease, he said. (ANI)
Tags: aims and objectives, extra mile, fear, gold, islamabad, omkar, pakistan government, pakistan india, satisfaction, security arrangements, security measures, shooters, sports authorities, sports event, stalemate, surprise, terror activities, terror strikes, terrorist, terrorists