Indian Army, IAF discuss ‘widening spectrum of conflict’ separatelyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
Presentations were made on this new vision today where army’s space philosophy was unveiled.
Utilization of space at tactical, operational and strategic levels, and desired operational capabilities and space assets, also came up for discussion.
There were deliberations on increasing the air assets of Indian Army that would include increase strength in numbers of helicopters, UAVs and new technologies.
While the commanders of the Indian Army continued with their deliberations on space applications, which they expect would enhance their effectiveness in non-combat operations, the commanders of the Indian Air Force (IAF) also discussed separately the need to adapt to the changing dimensions of modern warfare.
“We must continue to adapt and evolve our operational orientations, strategies and capabilities to match the increasing demands of vital national interests,” IAF chief, Air Chief Marshal F H Major said in his opening address at the IAF’s Commanders’ Conference.
At the IAF’s conference, stress was laid on securing country’s energy assets and protection of sea-lane through which energy supplies are maintained.
The ‘widening spectrum of conflict’ has also added to the overlapping of the sphere of action of the individual wings of armed forces.
With the Army keen to get more air assets, sources in the IAF said that they wanted a clear-cut demarcation on division of labour to put the country’s air power to effective use.
“If the aviation wing of the Indian Army can cater to a tactical requirements and there remains a clear cut division of labour, all air assets can be put to effective use,” a senior official of the IAF said, adding that airpower is going to be decisive force in future.
On Wednesday, the commanders of all the three forces will be under one roof as part of the unified commanders’ conference, which will be addressed by Prime minister Manmohan Singh. (ANI)
- Indian Air Force holds war games in northeast - Mar 01, 2012
- IAF commanders assess force levels - Oct 12, 2011
- Jointness with army, navy is way forward, says IAF - Oct 08, 2011
- New IAF vice chief, Eastern air commander take charge - Aug 01, 2011
- Key Indian Army, IAF commanders meet; talk synergy - Jul 16, 2012
- Antony cautions Indian Army commanders on dangers of cyber-warfare - May 17, 2010
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
- War gaming centre to prepare IAF for global operations - Nov 23, 2011
- Update on new technologies, IAF officers advised - Jul 09, 2012
- India to induct Akash missiles, holds war game in northeast (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Attack choppers to add teeth to Indian Army's strike corps (With Images) - May 18, 2011
- IAF chief urges commanders to build capabilities for cyber space - Oct 21, 2009
- IAF to rescue people stranded in Jammu region - Jan 25, 2012
- CII organizing two-day International Seminar on military modernization - Mar 07, 2011
- Air Chief for primacy to operations given prevailing security situation - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: air assets, air chief marshal, capabilities, commanders conference, conflict, division of labour, energy assets, h major, iaf, indian army, match, modern warfare, sea lane, separately, space vision, spectrum, tactical requirements, uavs, unveiled, vital national interests