Indian Army chief visits forward areas in KashmirApril 22nd, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 22 (IANS) Indian Army chief Gen V.K. Singh Thursday visited the forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir and expressed satisfaction with the state of readiness to counter infiltration from across the border.
Gen. Singh visited forward areas in Mendhar and Poonch sectors in the border district of Poonch, 240 km north of Jammu.
The army chief interacted with soldiers deployed along the LoC.
Gen. Singh “reviewed the security situation in the area and was satisfied with the state of readiness to counter the infiltration threat,” said defence spokesperson Lt. Col. Biplab Nath.
He lauded the efforts made by the army in improving the quality of life of locals through Sadbhavna (operation goodwill) projects.
The Indian Army chief, during his interaction with troops, “appreciated their courage and efforts in keeping the menace of terrorism under check”, the spokesman said.
He said that “the morale of terrorists is at its lowest ebb due to successful operations carried out by the army in the last few months.”
He exhorted the troops to continue with the state of high vigil on the LoC and also neutralize the designs of the terrorists both along the LoC and in the hinterland.
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- Army chief warns of terrorist designs - Aug 10, 2011
- Pakistani troops fire on Indian posts in Kashmir - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- No infiltration from across LoC this year: Indian Army - Jul 16, 2011
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Common man must not be troubled: Northern Command chief - Sep 26, 2011
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- 30 militants in Jammu's border districts: Army - Mar 22, 2012
- Indian Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Aug 23, 2011
- New strategy in Kashmir to foil terrorists' plans: Army - Oct 12, 2010
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets three Indian posts on LoC (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: courage, defence spokesperson, goodwill, hinterland, indian army, infiltration, interaction, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, locals, lowest ebb, lt, poonch, quality of life, sectors, security situation, spokesman, terrorists, vigil