Indian Air Force gives wings to Kashmiri youthNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:12 am ICT by admin
The aspirants showed lot of zeal and were quite upbeat about the prospect of joining air force.
“I am feeling very good to be here. I want to join air force because it is a very good job and there is discipline in the life. Emphasis is on quality rather than on quantity,” said Gauhar Ahmad.
Another Bashir Ahmad added, “Air Force provides good employment avenues. It has been my childhood ambition to join IAF.”
The five-day recruitment drive began in Srinagar on Tuesday and about 800 aspirants turned up for rigorous screening tests.
The IAF is the air-arm of the Armed Forces of India and has the prime responsibility of conducting aerial warfare and securing the Indian airspace.
It was established on October 8, 1932 as the IAF.
With its headquarters in New Delhi, the IAF has a strength of approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,350 combat aircraft (2006 figure).
IAF is the fourth largest air force in the world today. (ANI)
- Hundreds of young Kashmiris throng police recruitment rally - Jan 12, 2011
- Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army - Mar 16, 2012
- Up above the world so high, IAF in the sky (Oct 8 is the IAF's 78th anniversary) - Oct 07, 2010
- Woman officer leads IAF contingent - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian Air Force gears up to celebrate its 78th anniversary - Oct 06, 2010
- Disconnect over Sri Lankan airmen being sent back (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sri Lankan airmen shifted to Bangalore? Send them home, Jayalalitha demands (Fourth Lead, superseding previous story) - Jul 07, 2012
- No airspace violation in eastern India: IAF - Jul 27, 2011
- Indian Air Force bags R-Day parade award - Jan 28, 2012
- HPT-32 trainer claimed lives of 23 pilots: IAF chief - Oct 03, 2011
- Women in combat roles in armed forces: Wait gets longer - May 21, 2012
- IGNOU launches portal for IAF personnel - Sep 20, 2011
- Disconnect over Sri Lankan airmen being sent back (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Disconnect over Sri Lankan airmen's status; Jayalaithaa demands they be sent home (Third Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Indian Army shortlists 373 aspirants for final tests during Kashmir recruitment drive - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: aerial warfare, air arm, bashir ahmad, childhood ambition, combat aircraft, deputy director, good to be here, iaf, indian air force, indian airspace, jammu and kashmir, kashmiri, prime responsibility, recruitment drive, rigorous screening, said wing, screening tests, selection center, srinagar, wing commander