India wishes to see the beginning of democratisation in Pak: PranabNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:35 am ICT by admin
Mukherjee said that New Delhi wants “peace, prosperity and stability” in Pakistan.
On Saturday, the day on which the emergency was proclaimed in Pakistan by President General Pervez Musharraf, New Delhi hoped that normalcy would soon return to democracy.
Mukherjee inaugurated the first India-Africa Hydrocarbon Conference.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Murli Deora also attended the conference.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, FICCI and UNCTAD are jointly organising a two-day conference.
The primary objective of the conference is to provide a platform for exploring mutually beneficial partnership opportunities between Africa and India in the hydrocarbon sector.
Twelve Ministers of Energy from Africa will be leading delegations to this conference.
All the leading public and private sector players from India like, ONGC, IOC, GAIL, HPCL, BPCL, EIL, OIL, OVL and Reliance will showcase the Indian hydrocarbon sector. (ANI)
- Firms keen on JVs for oil, gas exploration in Africa: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- India to step up oil, gas imports from Africa - Dec 09, 2011
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- Two-day Delhi conference to focus on managing volatility and growth - Nov 20, 2009
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Forced to hike petrol prices, say government, oil firms - Nov 04, 2011
- Oil payment row with Iran settled, supply not hit: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- BPCL hikes petrol price by Rs. 2.95 per litre - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: africa, beneficial partnership, bpcl, deora, eil, ficci, general pervez musharraf, hpcl, hydrocarbon sector, India, ioc, mutually beneficial, natural gas, New Delhi, normalcy, ongc, pakistan, petroleum, two day conference, unctad