India willing to discuss Kashmir with Pakistan: PM (Lead)March 4th, 2011 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 4 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who is here on a daylong visit, Friday said India wanted to resolve all outstanding issues with Pakistan, including on Jammu and Kashmir.
“We wish to resolve all outstanding issues between the two countries through a friendly dialogue process,” he said. “We will enter these talks with an open mind,” he added.
Addressing the convocation of Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences and Technology here, the prime minister said: “We wish to resolve all outstanding issues between the two countries through friendly, constructive and peaceful negotiations. And this includes the issue of Jammu and Kashmir.”
“We are willing to discuss all issues that have a bearing on the peace, dignity and well-being of the people of Jammu and Kashmir,” he reiterated.
But he also voiced concern about terrorism emanating from Pakistan. “We cannot forget what happened in Mumbai,” he said referring to the November 2008 terror attack.
India and Pakistan have agreed to “resume dialogue on all issues” following a meeting of their foreign secretaries in Bhutan in February.
- Wish to resolve all issues with Pakistan: PM (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Sustained dialogue only way forward on Kashmir: PM - Mar 04, 2011
- Manmohan Singh says India wants to resolve all issues with Pakistan - Mar 04, 2011
- PM to visit Jammu March 5 - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Open minded' Pak hopes for 'constructive Indian attitude' at Thimphu meet - Feb 05, 2011
- War not a solution to India-Pakistan issues: Gilani - Mar 24, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Jammu Friday - Mar 03, 2011
- Cross-border terror backed by official agencies: India (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani parliamentarians push for easing visa regime - Aug 19, 2011
- India warns of 'dark shadow of terror' from Pakistan - Nov 23, 2011
- India must resume composite dialogue with Pakistan to resolve outstanding issues: Gilani - Jan 10, 2011
- Indo-Pak Foreign Secretaries likely to meet in Thimphu next month - Jan 09, 2011
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Indo-Pak composite dialogue on March 28-29 in Delhi - Mar 04, 2011
- Shun terror for talks, PM tells separatists, Pakistan (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: agriculture sciences, bearing, bhutan, convocation, dialogue, dignity, india and pakistan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, manmohan, manmohan singh, peace, peaceful negotiations, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, secretaries, sher, terror attack, terrorism, university of agriculture