India will have world’s most educated people by 2030: SibalMarch 19th, 2010 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 19 (ANI): Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal has said that India will have the most educated people by 2030, thereby stressing on the use of technology to spread education to dispossessed areas of the country.
Sibal said the government is giving weightage to the use of Information Communication and Technology (ICT) to increase access to education among people residing in rural and geographically disadvantageous places.
Technology is going to play a major role in the education sector in the 21st century, said Sibal, adding that the government has put in place an ICT mission.
He asked the states, civil society, parents and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to move in the right direction.
Sibal also came up with the idea of providing mobile phones to the teachers to check the problem of their absenteeism, saying the mobile phones will specify the exact place where the teacher is positioned at any given point of time. (ANI)
- All schools in India to have an IT teacher, says Sibal - Mar 18, 2010
- IT, communications powerful development tools: Sibal - May 16, 2011
- IIT Bombay starts training 10,000 teachers - Jun 25, 2012
- Only five percent primary teachers clear eligibility test - Apr 27, 2012
- Sibal rebuffs talk of UPA-II policy paralysis - Jul 05, 2012
- Prime Minister assures on autonomy of IITs - Jun 15, 2012
- India, Britain to cooperate in education - Jul 29, 2010
- 45,000 youth in northeast to get IT training - Apr 12, 2012
- `Awaaz Do' digital campaign urges Indians to speak for 8 million out-of-school kids - Oct 19, 2010
- Kapil Sibal wants academic freedom for universities - Mar 25, 2011
- New IIT entrance format to get brighter students: Sibal - Feb 24, 2012
- Teacher shortage could hamper universal education goal (For Teacher's Day, Sep 5) - Sep 04, 2010
- Sibal advocates higher pay for teachers (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- Sibal stresses on need to develop special plan for development of PwDs - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: 21st century, absenteeism, education sector, exact place, governmental organizations, human resource development, India, information communication, kapil sibal, mobile phones, New Delhi, parents, right direction