India wants to normalise relations with Pakistan: KrishnaJanuary 23rd, 2010 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Jan 23 (ANI): Amidst angst in Pakistan over the snub to their players in connection with the third edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), External Affairs Minister SM Krishna has said India wants a cordial relationship with Pakistan just like with any other country.
Reiterating that the government had no influence over the money-spinning IPL, Krishna said India was keen to normalize ties with Pakistan.
“We would like people-to-people exchanges, exchanges at the level of sportsmen, this to continue, tourism to continue. It has been India’s government desire to normalize relationship with Pakistan just like any other country,” Krishna told reporters here on Friday.
Krishna also added that Pakistan has nothing to be fear from India.
“Our position is well known that Pakistan has nothing to be fearful about India. We don’t have any grand designs. We would like our relationship with Pakistan to be on even keel and we work towards that,” he said.
Ties between India and Pakistan have been strained since India suspended a peace process with Pakistan after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack. (ANI)
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Third Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Visa pact signed with Pakistan; India insists on 26/11 justice (Intro Roundup) - Sep 09, 2012
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Fourth Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Roundup) - Sep 08, 2012
- Krishna's visit: India, Pakistan to spur cross-border trade - Aug 14, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan hope to move forward, finalise CBMs (Night Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Talks, not war, only way forward for Pak, India to resolve outstanding issues: Gilani - Mar 24, 2011
- A true-blood Malayalee from Pakistan pushes for friendship - Aug 14, 2011
- India, Pakistan finalise liberal visa accord - Oct 15, 2011
- Positive change in Pakistan people's mindset towards India: Krishna - Jul 26, 2012
- Indian traders to be treated like those from other nations: Khar - Sep 08, 2012
- Cross-border terror backed by official agencies: India (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Manmohan-Zardari meeting: India to press for action against Saeed - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: bangalore, cordial relationship, desire, external affairs minister, fear, india and pakistan, ipl, keel, krishna, money, peace process, premier league, sm, snub, sportsmen, terror attack, ties, tourism, would like people