India, Uruguay sign MOU for cooperation in renewable energyFebruary 25th, 2011 - 10:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 25 (ANI): Union Minister for New and Renewable Dr. Farooq Abdullah signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with his Uruguayan counterpart Roberto Kreimerman here on Friday for cooperation in renewable energy.
Abdullah assured Uruguay of India’s commitment for South-South cooperation in New and Renewable Energy matters.
Welcoming Roberto Kreimerman, who called on him here today, Abdullah expressed satisfaction that Uruguayan experts have been imparted training in Renewable Energy Sources last year.
Earlier, signing the MOU for cooperation in renewable energy with his Uruguayan counterpart, Farooq Abdullah observed that this is a promising area where both our countries can work together.
The two Ministers also discussed ways and means to promote bilateral cooperation in the field of biomass, solar and wind energy.
“We need to enhance awareness about the potential for trade and investments between our two countries through participation in trade fairs, seminars and business conclaves,” Abdullah observed.
Deepak Gupta, Secretary, MNRE and senior officials of the Ministry of New and Renewable energy were also present at the meeting.
The Uruguay delegation is also scheduled to visit some of the Indian companies active in the field of Renewable Energy in Chennai and Pune later.
The bilateral trade between the two countries has grown from US 58 million dollars in 2009 to US 83 million dollars in 2010.
Indian exports are worth US 69 million dollars, which includes chemicals, automobile parts, pharmaceuticals, garments, and synthetic fibers and Indian imports are worth US 14 million dollars, which includes wool, leather and wood. (ANI)
- Uruguay vice president arrives on 7-day visit, to ink economic deals - Feb 17, 2011
- Enough scope for enhancing India, Uruguay economic cooperation: Anand Sharma - Feb 24, 2011
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- Scindia heads Indian business team to Uruguay, Argentina - Apr 27, 2011
- India, Finland to expand cooperation in energy: Farooq Abdullah - Feb 04, 2011
- Uruguay explores cooperation in wind power sector - Feb 23, 2011
- India, Iran to expand ties in renewable energy - Mar 05, 2012
- Indian trade minister arrives in Uruguay - May 03, 2011
- Indian minister arrives in Uruguay (Lead, correcting designation) - May 03, 2011
- Mozambique seeks India's help for renewable energy sector - Jul 14, 2011
- Updated India-Mercosur PTA on agenda: Uruguayan envoy - Apr 30, 2011
- India, Britain to partner in renewable energy - Nov 15, 2011
- $189 mn of China's imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firms - Aug 27, 2012
- Argentina buys Indian pharma products worth $200 million - May 04, 2011
- India, US enhance bilateral ties through six pacts - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: bilateral cooperation, bilateral trade, counterpart, dr farooq abdullah, energy matters, gupta, indian exports, indian imports, memorandum of understanding, mnre, promising area, renewable energy sources, senior officials, sign mou, south cooperation, synthetic fibers, trade fairs, union minister, ways and means, wind energy